News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

completely deleting the forum?

Started by boobookitty, June 29, 2010, 05:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boobookitty

I'm fairly new to this, but we've come acrossed a security issue on our board and I need to know how to completely get my board off the grid.
Thanks

CapadY

Just drop the database and delete all the file's :s
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

boobookitty

I'm sorry, drop the database?  I'm in the process of deleting the boards, but I don't understand that term. Sorry to be dense.

Kill Em All

If you have cPanel, go to the Database section, or MySQL Databases and next to your database there should be an option that says Delete.

or in phpmyadmin, tick each table in your database and then use the drop down menu and select drop table.
What is phpMyAdmin?

Please note this will delete all members, posts, everything!!!

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

PurpleCrow

Can I ask what the security issue is?
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

boobookitty

when setting it up, I enlisted in the help of the friend of a friend.  I paid him for a domain name and he helped set up the board.  within the last few days, he has decided I'm an enemy and I also found out that he didn't purchase the domain name in MY name, but his.  It's a private board for a fairly small (50 or so) group of women that have an implicit trust with each other.  There is a distinct possibility that he would go in and use their information against them to hurt me, and them.  He's not good people.  so, I want it gone to protect all their privacy. 

Kill Em All

Well that isn't a security issue involving SMF...

Did our above instructions help you?

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

boobookitty

I'm sorry, I guess I should have worded it differently.  I just want it gone.  Honestly, I'm still trying to figure it out.  I'm not really trained too much in computer stuff.  But, it'll work out.  I appreciate all the replies!

Kill Em All

You can also ask the hosting provider to please delete it provided you give them the password to the cPanel.

Advertisement: