News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

create category button

Started by brodiewf, June 29, 2010, 08:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brodiewf

i am not using any custom themes, and nuthing has been modified. I am using the latest version SMF 2.0 RC3. In the admin section under Manage Boards and Categories, i can not find a create category button or option. Please help me.

Kill Em All

Admin>Boards>Create New Category

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Kill Em All

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Jakob Fel

Whoa, I've never seen something like that before, but I would take Kill Em All's advice.
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

Kill Em All

Its strange that it looks like all the other menu options appear though...

Jakob Fel

Yeah, I noticed that.

@Brodiewf Did you happen to edit any of your PHP files that are related to the admin center?
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

CapadY

Cause it's a fresh install I would advice to do a re-install in stead of use hours to find what's wrong.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

PurpleCrow

To me, that looks like an error with the actual buttons - as in how they are displayed. someone else here (Shade something or other) had the same problems with menu buttons on the navbar. I'll see if I can find the thread.

This is the thread, no idea if it will be useful though as I havent read it completely http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=387848.0
SMF 2.0 RC3

Looking for staff!

Forums Galore, a brand new Admin Forum is looking for staff to help with the launch. Send me a PM or sign up to Forums Galore if you're interested!

Add your forum to the Forums Galore Community Showcase

Kill Em All

I don't think thats really related though PurpleCrow, as this persons forum is not modified at all.

Jake, he already said that he didn't modify anything. A better question would be did you upgrade from a past version of SMF to RC3?

If updating the languages doesn't work. I would suggest that he just does a reinstall, that is if it is a new install as capady stated.

gbsothere

Quote from: Kill Em All on June 30, 2010, 02:43:07 PM
I don't think thats really related though PurpleCrow, as this persons forum is not modified at all.

Jake, he already said that he didn't modify anything. A better question would be did you upgrade from a past version of SMF to RC3?

If updating the languages doesn't work. I would suggest that he just does a reinstall, that is if it is a new install as capady stated.

He upgraded last night from 1.1.11 to RC3.   He had a thread on the installation board. 
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

CapadY

When it was a newly installed 1.1.11 I still stay with my advice to do a new install :)
It will take about 10 minutes while searching for the problem can take several days :)
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Kill Em All

I would personally try updating the language files first, then if that doesn't work I would do your suggestion capady.

Advertisement: