News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Message boards

Started by Tryskoski, June 29, 2010, 09:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tryskoski

Just wondering is there a way to let the user know which message boards they can post in by them looking at the boards.  I know you can go in every board until you get the post button but is there a way to put a icon next to it or change the color of the title on the ones they can post in.  I allow them to view all of the boards but can only post in a couple of them.

Any Help would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

gamesmad

Would it not be suitable to simply put a Read Only message in the appropriate forum descriptions?
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Tryskoski

I don't think that would work.
I have 35 boards created and 35 member groups.

Membergroup1 can read them all but only post in board number 1
Membergroup2 can read them all but only post in board number 2
Membergroup3 can read them all but only post in board number 3

and so on.

Jakob Fel

You can try and list all of the membergroups that can see it, if you want.
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

gamesmad

Write something like X Membergroup Can Post Here perhaps?

Other than that, you would be best posting something in Mod Requests :)
1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Advertisement: