chmod'd and forum doesnt work anymore.

Started by Pano, June 30, 2010, 02:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pano

Hi,
I was messing with a forum mob and the mod didn't work. I then tried to chmod 777 on basicly all my forum folder (i know it's not safe) and ended up killing the forum.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache mod_fcgid/2.3.5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.visionro.net Port 80

Any idea what I should do to revert this?

Edit- Using 2.0 RC3

Kill Em All

Change everything back to what it was originally?

Folders should generally be 755 while files should be 644.

If that still doesn't do the trick, take a look here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=340411.msg2293433#msg2293433

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Pano

Quote from: Kill Em All on June 30, 2010, 02:55:03 PM
Change everything back to what it was originally?

Folders should generally be 755 while files should be 644.

If that still doesn't do the trick, take a look here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=340411.msg2293433#msg2293433

Did not know what the default was ^^ Testing both right now. Thanks for the fast reply.

Edit.
As I was change the permission (barely 1 sec after it started), the forum is already working. I'll finish it and never touch permissions again :). Thanks.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I am glad it worked out well :) I'll mark this solved.

Advertisement: