News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Adding meta description

Started by punjablovers, July 03, 2010, 06:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Seems like a MFA site to me, maybe support should stop here

Reported to moderator

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Afro

Yea, looks like he/she searched for high paying keywords and stuffed them inside the description field.
^^^You need keywords that is related to your site contents.

punjablovers

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 05, 2010, 02:31:25 AM
Seems like a MFA site to me, maybe support should stop here

Reported to moderator

This and not a MFA site, its an entertainment forum here is the link http://apnimastian.com,
My meta description is: Desi Masala Forum / Masala Forum, India Discussion Forum, huge and latest collection of indian celebrities photos, International Celebrities Photoshoot, Masala Videos, Fashion and Life Style, Free Mobile Stuff, Free Softwares, Free eBooks, Informative articles on Health and much more

so suggest me which keywords are best for me,
I got one thing more, when we open the post, it show post like this:
Post title and then forum title, but i did not want this?
please help me.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Can you take a screen shot and give us an idea of what are you talking about ?

punjablovers

I am attaching a screen shot of my forum, First one is of Home Page, Second is when we open any category or post, third and fourth are setting of Installed Mod, Now, please tell me what is the problem, when we open any thread, is shows whole title of forum after post title. please help, also after installing and adding of meta description, description is not showing any where when we view the source of forum?

Kill Em All

You have a lot of adverts. Just my opinion though.

<meta name="description" content="Desi Masala Board : Masala News : Celebrities Gossip : Magazines - Index" />

Your description shows just fine in the page source.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

punjablovers

but when we view any topic, forum title shows after topic title. check attachment  No. 2

Kill Em All

Yeah, thats completely normal. What do you want to do with it exactly?

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

punjablovers

Quote from: Kill Em All on July 18, 2010, 02:55:14 PM
Yeah, thats completely normal. What do you want to do with it exactly?
I want that when the topic / thread is open, Forum name did not show after post title.??

Kill Em All

I apologies, I thought that page was somewhere else, your adverts take up the whole attachment image.

I believe this is a theme thing, but can you check to see if it does that on the default theme. Just add "?theme=1" without the quotes after your domain.com/index.php.

punjablovers

Quote from: Kill Em All on July 21, 2010, 10:02:51 PM
I apologies, I thought that page was somewhere else, your adverts take up the whole attachment image.

I believe this is a theme thing, but can you check to see if it does that on the default theme. Just add "?theme=1" without the quotes after your domain.com/index.php.
I thinks this is not the theme issue, after adding :theme=1; every thing is same just theme is changed, forum title is showing after post title

Kill Em All

So you switched over to the default theme and it still has the same effect?

So when you to to the message index, you still see your forum name? If so, what mods do you have installed?

punjablovers

Quote from: Kill Em All on July 22, 2010, 12:46:32 PM
So you switched over to the default theme and it still has the same effect?

So when you to to the message index, you still see your forum name? If so, what mods do you have installed?

I have installed the Meta Data Mod

Kill Em All

That mod might be causing problems then. Have you tried uninstalling it and then seeing if the issue goes away?

punjablovers

Quote from: Kill Em All on July 22, 2010, 06:28:44 PM
That mod might be causing problems then. Have you tried uninstalling it and then seeing if the issue goes away?

Every thing was OK before installing this MOD.
How can i fix this, without uninstalling this mod????

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Attach your index.template.php file from your current theme, I will take a look

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=', $context['character_set'], '" />
<meta name="description" content="', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '" />', !empty($context['meta_keywords']) ? '
<meta name="keywords" content="' . $context['meta_keywords'] . '" />' : '', '
<title>', $context['page_title_html_safe'], '</title>';

This is the area I believe, you could switch it around the other way, since yours is modified, you should attach it

I have not messed with this template in a while though, their probably is a better way

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

punjablovers

Here is attached the required file, Thanks for looking into!!!!

Kill Em All

What mod was it that you installed? Can you please link us to the mod.

Thanks

Advertisement: