Adding meta description

Started by punjablovers, July 03, 2010, 06:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kill Em All

It looks like that mod isn't even installed on your index.template.php. Its possible that its custom edits were made to the custom theme. So that could be the problem. The edits were only made to the default theme, and the default theme still works fine and the way its suppose too.

Try using this index.template.php.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

punjablovers

you mean that i replace the index.template.php with your attached template file?
your other point by using custom theme, i tried this on default theme too, and giving the same result.

Kill Em All

I'm sorry, lets clear up the issue. So you started to experience it showing the forum title while viewing a topic? And it just started doing this after you installed the MetaTags Modification Version mod?

So why don't you just uninstall it?

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

punjablovers

Quote from: Kill Em All on July 27, 2010, 06:23:38 PM
I'm sorry, lets clear up the issue. So you started to experience it showing the forum title while viewing a topic? And it just started doing this after you installed the MetaTags Modification Version mod?

So why don't you just uninstall it?

Its an entertainment forum and my main reason to install this mod was to adding meta description to more and more traffic from search on my main keyword, after installing this mod, i am getting nice traffic from search, problem is this when search engines crawl my topics they show the topic title but but they shows the main url i.e. mydomain.com not the topic url. That is the main that i want to fix this error.
Hope you will understand.

Kill Em All

You should probably ask the mod author then, cause this sounds like a def mod issue.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=315966.0

You can make a post there.

Advertisement: