SSI problems

Started by shade3134, July 03, 2010, 08:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shade3134

I'm trying to add my forum menu bar and add it onto my Wordpress main page. I tried placing my <?php require("SSI.php"); ?>
Code into the top of my header.php on my Wordpress but get this error:

Warning: require(SSI.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shade313/public_html/wp-content/themes/twentyten/index.php  on line 1

Warning: require(SSI.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shade313/public_html/wp-content/themes/twentyten/index.php on line 1

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/shade313/public_html/wp-content/themes/twentyten/index.php on line 1

Any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

xenovanis

Well, for one, did you add it exactly like you posted? It looks like the path is missing then.

It should be more like
<?php require("/path/to/your/forum/SSI.php"); ?>

If you're not sure what the path is, take a look in Admin -> Server Settings
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

cicka

It looks like you didn''t include the path to ssi.php. Can you try this code and see if it would help.

<?php
require(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');

template_menu();
?>

Or for path you can you use the code posted by xenovanis above if what I posted it will not work. But make sure to include the full path to the SSI.php file. And the template_menu(); function should echo the forum menu bar.

shade3134

Here is what I put:

<?php require("/public_html/chat/SSI.php"); ?>

Chat is my forum directory name. Still getting that error. Am I not putting in the complete correct directory or something?

xenovanis

I very much doubt it. There's probably something before /public_html.

Go check Admin -> Server Settings to see what the actual path is.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

shade3134

Okay, did that and got this:

<?php require("/home/shade313/public_html/chat/SSI.php"); ?>

Placing it within my header.php and still getting this error:

Warning: require(SSI.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shade313/public_html/wp-content/themes/twentyten/index.php  on line 1

Warning: require(SSI.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/shade313/public_html/wp-content/themes/twentyten/index.php on line 1

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/shade313/public_html/wp-content/themes/twentyten/index.php on line 1

xenovanis

It's still a path issue. Could you try this?

<?php require("home/shade313/public_html/chat/SSI.php"); ?>

This might also give you some ideas:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=339032.0

Advertisement: