Error "You need to fill in a username." (Semi-time-critical)

Started by cralor, July 03, 2010, 11:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kat

That's a plan. :)

I tried the theme=1 thing and it stayed on the custom one, oddly enough.

xenovanis

Because "Allow members to select their own themes" option is unchecked, you won't be able to select any theme other than the selected theme. Running the query should reset that option.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

cralor

I have completed both steps.

...The issue still remains :(

kat

Quote from: xenovanis on July 05, 2010, 04:20:51 PM
Because "Allow members to select their own themes" option is unchecked, you won't be able to select any theme other than the selected theme. Running the query should reset that option.

cralor

Quote from: K@ on July 05, 2010, 04:27:15 PM
Quote from: xenovanis on July 05, 2010, 04:20:51 PM

This is one of the steps that I accomplished.

1) I submitted query
2) I change the theme
3) I tried logging in - same error

xenovanis

Please run this query in phpMyAdmin and post back the results:

SELECT *
FROM `smf_log_errors`
ORDER BY `smf_log_errors`.`log_time` DESC
LIMIT 0 , 30

It should give us the latest entries in your errorlog, we might me able to determine what file is causing this. Leave out the ip addresses please.

I'm sorry, it's time to get some sleep for me now. I'll be back tomorrow.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

cralor

http://delibargaming.com/result.htm

TPortal.php!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU LITTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It keeps referring to line 2766. this is part of the function:

function TP_blockgrid($block, $theme, $pos, $side, $last=false, $gridtype, $empty=false)
{
global $context , $scripturl, $settings, $language , $txt;

// first, set the table, equal in all grids
if($pos==0)
echo '<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">';

if(isset($context['TPortal']['grid'][$gridtype][$pos]['doubleheight']))
$dh=true;
else
$dh=false;

// render if its not empty
if(!$empty)
echo $context['TPortal']['grid'][$gridtype][$pos]['before'] , call_user_func($context['TPortal']['hooks']['tp_block'],$block,$theme, $side,$dh) , $context['TPortal']['grid'][$gridtype][$pos]['after'];
else
echo $context['TPortal']['grid'][$gridtype][$pos]['before'] . '&nbsp;' . $context['TPortal']['grid'][$gridtype][$pos]['after'];

// last..if its the last block,close the table
if($last)
echo '</table>';

return $code; // this is line 2766
}

What could be the problem here?

kat

Just a hunch, this. So, keep a copy of the original file, just in case.

This line:

echo $context['TPortal']['grid'][$gridtype][$pos]['before'] . '&nbsp;' . $context['TPortal']['grid'][$gridtype][$pos]['after'];

Try removing the "&nbsp", or even the "'&nbsp;' . "

cralor

Unfortunately, neither change proved to be successful. :(

Thanks.

xenovanis

I'm sorry for my absence. I had a footballparty to attend to yesterday  :)

I've tried searching for this error, but it seems you're unique in this.  :( I'm still not sure this is causing this, however you should report this error in the support topic for this mod.

For a quick solution, I'd recommend uploading all files from the installationpackage for 2.0 RC3, except install.php, Settings.php and Settings_bak.php, overwriting the excisting files. This will get rid of your installed mods and most likely let your forum function again.
Note that this will only affect your files and not the database, so your members and posts will be safe.

However, if you want to get to the bottom of this, which could be painfull and timeconsuming (probably more than refreshing the files and reinstalling the mods), could you start by filtering any login errors by running this query in phpMyAdmin?

SELECT *
FROM `smf_log_errors`
WHERE `url` LIKE '%login%'
ORDER BY `smf_log_errors`.`log_time` DESC
LIMIT 0 , 60

And please post back the results  ;)

kat

Quote from: xenovanis on July 07, 2010, 03:12:09 AM

I bet!

I've tipped The Netherlands, right from the start!  :)

cralor

I could start from scratch... but I don't want to give up!! I want to fix this issue so if others get the same thing.

Anyway, query results: http://delibargaming.com/login.htm

Will post on Aeva's boards. Thanks.

xenovanis

The last error regarding login is from July 3th. It didn't even record those failed attempts as errors :(

I'm really sorry I can't help more. Try posting in Avea's board or else in Tinyportals support topic, maybe people have an idea.

In addition, overwriting the files is nearly the same procedure as upgrading. What eventually you'll still need to do. It's hardly starting from scratch, after all no database data is lost.

Quote from: K@ on July 07, 2010, 07:30:24 AM
Quote from: xenovanis on July 07, 2010, 03:12:09 AM

I bet!

I've tipped The Netherlands, right from the start!  :)

It's great. It's 32 years ago the team came this far  :D

cralor

Alright. Well I overwrote every file, but Settings.php, Settings_bak.php, and install.php.

Guess what.... still broken. :(

Take a look now: http://delibargaming.com/

kat

Just had a look.

As a guest, everything looks fine.

I doubt this affects guests, though, does it?

cralor

Quote from: K@ on July 08, 2010, 09:43:24 AM
Just had a look.

As a guest, everything looks fine.

I doubt this affects guests, though, does it?

Just try logging in with any Username and Password. No matter what, it will say "You need to fill in a username." I thought this would have fixed after overwriting with fresh new files. Seems like it has not.

Thanks.

kat

Well, it's bound to do that, if I haven't registered.

Do you have a username/password we can use?

cralor

Quote from: K@ on July 08, 2010, 11:29:50 AM
Well, it's bound to do that, if I haven't registered.

Do you have a username/password we can use?

No it isn't suppose to do that. It would say something like "Wrong Username or Password". not "Please enter a username"... (no matter what you enter, always "Please fill in a username" comes up)

Also... I am trying mine... not working. I don't have a test account. If I did, I can't see the members list so I wouldn't know what it was.

kat

Yeah, 'course.

Let me just go back over this topic and see if I can think of anything else.

This may have already been asked. But, assuming that everything worked, before, can you think of anything that was done, just prior to this all going "Phut!"?

Advertisement: