News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Problems with a forum moved to another host

Started by tatack, July 05, 2010, 07:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatack

Hello,

my forum has just been moved  to another host and I now have a problem with avatar that has not been moved.

I'm now trying to upload my avatar but I get a permission error, even if avatars and attachments folder are with 777.

Witch could be the cause? Can you help me?

Thank You

Kill Em All

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

tatack

rd

Make sure you transferee those avatars and also make sure the path is correct.

Kill Em All

Well uploaded avatars are stored in your attachments directory. So check your attachements directory to see if they are in there. Your attachments directory is CHMOD to 755 and all the files in there are CHMOD to 644. The avatars shouldn't be hashed either.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

tatack

CHMOD are OK.

In the attachments folder I have these files:

But I don't see the avatars (only few).

tatack

Kill Em All

I have a feeling that all of the avatars did not transfer then. Do you have access to them still?

Keep in mind that some of the users might have been using the default avatars.

tatack

The backup in my hand has been made from old provider, I have no access to the previous FTP.

Is not the first time that I loose a lot of avatars during a host moving. Is it so strange.

Kill Em All

Sucks that you have lost avatars before, but unfortunately that is something that SMF can't really take fault for, as its your responsibility to make the back ups and make sure that they are full back ups.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Next time do also look into that, that you use binary mode in your FTP client to download and upload avatars incase you grab a copy from somewhere.

tatack

Thank You.

How to resolve the following errors on another subdomain?

Warning: require(/home/ecompa/public_html/smforum/SSI.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/vhosts/e-compa.com/httpdocs/templates/madeyourweb-ext-1024/index.php on line 22

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/ecompa/public_html/smforum/SSI.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/vhosts/e-compa.com/httpdocs/templates/madeyourweb-ext-1024/index.php on line 22

Probably the following path is wrong, but I don't know how to fix it:
/home/ecompa/public_html/smforum/SSI.php

xenovanis

Make sure the path to SSI is correct in the file you've included SSI in.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Joker™

Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

tatack

Quote from: xenovanis on July 07, 2010, 06:20:32 AM
Make sure the path to SSI is correct in the file you've included SSI in.

I have this on line 22: require ($smf_path."/SSI.php");

Should be correct as SSI.php is in smforum folder, no?

xenovanis

Hmmm.. Probably should. Never used that  :P

It's on line 22? This is a non SMF page I presume? Could you try moving that line to the absolute top of the file (line 1)?

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

tatack

But why this path /home/ecompa/public_html/smforum/SSI.php belong at the prevoius host provider? I think that there is a place where change it, but I don't no where.

tatack

xenovanis

Ah. Does it work now? You should be able to seth the path in Joomla -> Administrator -> Components -> smf_something(?) Find the correct path in SMF -> Admin -> Edit Server Settings.

Advertisement: