Modifications not showing in admin...

Started by wysiwyg, July 07, 2010, 04:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wysiwyg

Hi Guys

SMF2 RC3 running with Actualism RC3 theme.

I have installed Avea and Addthis modifications.

Both seemed to install fine but nothing is showing up in admin to control either of them.

SMF was a completely fresh install.

Any ideas what is causing this?

xenovanis

What's your forum language? Does it show using the default theme?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

wysiwyg

en_us  ISO-8859-1

Using the default theme it doesn't show either.

xenovanis

Is it blank spaces in your admin panel or nothing? Blank spaces usually indicate missing languagestrings, caused by using any other language than default english.

Are there any errormessages in your log?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

wysiwyg

Yes I have some missing info...

Current version is showing RC1.2 even though Forum version showing 2.0 RC3

Just checking error log....

wysiwyg

Found 182 errors but as I was looking through them I bloody hit remove all by mistake sorry...lots of references to Aeva though.

cicka

This looks like it could be a language issue. I remember having it in the begin when I converted to Smf. Can you check the Modification.english.php file to see if the language texts from the mods have been added?

wysiwyg

Nothing appears in those files, only this

<?php
// Version: 2.0 RC3; Modifications

?>

CapadY

Did you clear the forum cache ? Language files are cached. When you change them without empty the cache the old files will be used for some hours or even days.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

wysiwyg

Yeah the cache was cleared first thing I did...

Package files are listing in admin but when I check with ftp...nothing's there? Not sure what is going on here...very confused.

I will try a fresh install and see what happens...

cicka

Quote from: wysiwyg on July 07, 2010, 04:48:57 PM
Nothing appears in those files, only this

<?php
// Version: 2.0 RC3; Modifications

?>

As I suspected. Add yourself the add ons language texts at the Modification.english.php file and they should be shown at the Admin Panel.

wysiwyg

I have tried that but no luck hence my previous post. I can't uninstall as I keep getting an error message so I hope a fresh non utf-8 install will work.

cicka

Quote from: wysiwyg on July 07, 2010, 05:08:22 PM
I have tried that but no luck hence my previous post. I can't uninstall as I keep getting an error message so I hope a fresh non utf-8 install will work.

You do not need to uninstall mod or reinstall the forum. All you need to do is add the language textx of the add ons.

And something else, now you say that you have the forum installed in utf-8. Switch the default language to just english and see if it helps.

wysiwyg

Thanks but some of the aeva folders are showing installed in package details but in Transmit FTP files are not seen on the server...

cicka

Quote from: wysiwyg on July 07, 2010, 05:27:13 PM
Thanks but some of the aeva folders are showing installed in package details but in Transmit FTP files are not seen on the server...

Then upload those folder manually to the appropriate folder in your forum. But if you have a brand new forum, then you can reinstall it again.

wysiwyg

I might parse it all and see if it works but I want to get to the bottom of why it didn't work in the first place.

xenovanis

Quote from: wysiwyg on July 07, 2010, 05:39:26 PM
I might parse it all and see if it works but I want to get to the bottom of why it didn't work in the first place.

It could be a permission problem. Since some files were obviously modified or else no errors would appear in your log, I'd recommend comparing those filepermissions with files or folders that weren't changed.

wysiwyg

I did think of that but during install I set permissions as instructed. The only other thing I needed to do was create a temp folder in packages set to 777 to make the aeva package install.

Other than that I haven't checked permissions as it all seemed fine.

xenovanis

Not all files seem to be modified though. I'd suggest by placing the additional files and folders on your server and make the changes to the Themes/default/languages/Modifications.{your_language}.php file as chicka suggested. If you are using utf8, changes need to be made to the Themes/default/languages/Modifications.{your_language}-utf8.php file as well.

wysiwyg

Okay just doen a reinstall...all chmods correct etc.

Still can install Aeva via package manager...but no files shown in ftp client, werid it say successful as well.

33 Pages of errors in the log are pointing at subs-package.php e.g.

QuoteApply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.mysite.com/TEST_FORUM/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=Aeva-Media-1.3a.zip;pid=0
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: fopen(/var/www/vhosts/www.mysite.com/httpdocs/TEST_FORUM/index.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /var/www/vhosts/www.mysite.com/httpdocs/TEST_FORUM/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2495

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
http://www.www.mysite.com/TEST_FORUM/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;sa=install;package=Aeva-Media-1.3a.zip;pid=0
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: fopen(/var/www/vhosts/www.mysite.com/httpdocs/TEST_FORUM/Sources/Post.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /var/www/vhosts/www.mysite.com/httpdocs/TEST_FORUM/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 2495

etc

etc

Anything else I should look at?

Advertisement: