News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

[Premium Theme Preview] eotsdzine XBOX 2.0 - [NOW AVAILABLE]

Started by bullbreedluverz, July 08, 2010, 01:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullbreedluverz

Current project im working on for release thru eotsdzine custom themes

At present it is dark and green but I havent added in the multicolor code yet - when done it will have probably 5 or 6 colors and like my other custom themes will only cost $5

If will probably have green, blue, red, pink and a couple of other colors

Fluid width (set your width in admin panel)
Collapsable hidden header
Hover effects on board index

Im trying to fit this in around other work so I cant give an exact date when it will be ready for purchase but it wont be too long

kat

The "eotsdzine custom themes" has a double http:// in it, mate. :(

I was gonna edit it, for you, but thought it best just to let you know. :)

I have the XBox theme on my v1.1.11 forum and it's very, very good.

bullbreedluverz

Cheers K@, teach me not to double check everything

That xbox theme you have is different to mine, this is an all new 1 that will have multiple colors AND work on all the 2.0 sites that people are dissapointed about not having a specific xbox theme for  :D

kat

I have to confess... The first thing I'd do, if I had that theme, is get rid of the XBox logo.

Damned good looking theme, though!

bullbreedluverz

That would be your perogative - the way I see it with custom themes is they are a starting block and you change them to be unique to you/your site adding your own logo/images and I expect people to like the overall design but would change the images and not even have it as an xbox theme

kat

bullbreedluverz

Theme now available see Here for details

Due to the lack of feedback here I have chosen not to add the multicolor to the theme as it is a lot of work involved making multiple image packs when no1 has expressed an interest in having the theme with the multicolor

(and people wonder why they can't find themes to suit there needs when they dont give theme authors feedback)

kat

If I ever move over to SMF v2.x (The sea may freeze over, first), that'll be the first custom theme I add!

:)

bloc

Its a nice theme on its own..but it might be more interesting (IMHO) if it had more xbox related graphics on it. I am a big fan of minimalistic themes lol, but when you consider people playing xbox games(assumed users of such a theme/community)..it will look a bit bland when a the forum have only green lines and a xbox logo.

Then again they might be more interested in the content of course.  ;D

bullbreedluverz

Cheers Bloc - I'm trying not to "over brand" themes as some people may like the design but not for an xbox site and over branding can limit the flexibility for some people as it would require more than just a logo and board icon change (some themes ive made in the past were heavily branded to the point it had no flexibility unless it was heavily stripped of images, which I fee,l has put people off from using my themes) - also the official xbox site and forum only actually have a single xbox logo in the design and 1 microsoft logo

bloc

Thats fine..but unless you mean a different site, theres no doubt the xbox site IS about xbox lol. And not just by its logo...you don't need to use gfx over 100-300k to get a good look, but I would add in more elements that at least reminds you of xbox, thats what I mean essentially.

But of course, just a personal opinion.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/default.htm

bullbreedluverz

Like I said tho too much xbox images, like more logos, game related images etc would mean anyone who liked the dark and green style wouldn't be able to use it without ripping the guts out of it which would make none xbox users not want to use it unless they know how to edit themes which then would mean they are probably good enough to make there own.

Remove the xbox logo and xbox text from menu from the official site and really all that tells you it is xbox is the adverts for the games/xbox live/facebook - with out the logos and game related images its just a grey and green theme that would have no relation to xbox. I could of added images for consoles, charchters, games etc but that in itself could of caused problems as site owners might not of liked them games/characters

well thats the way i see it anyway but who knows maybe i dont know ****** lol

kat

Just think out-loud, here...

I wonder if it'd be a good idea to include a "This is how to change (Remove?) the logo/title images" part, in the docs for themes, such as this one?

I mean, how many topics are there, here, asking that very question?

In some, it's just a case of "Replace logo.gif, or whatever, with the image of your choice", after all.

bullbreedluverz

Well I actually try to use the smf default logo code as much as possible rather than getting all fancy and writing new code to display a logo, so if anyone can change the standard smflogo (smflogo.png) then they can change the logo in my themes - on my site there is ment to be a FAQ's section but erm i broke it and haven't got round to fixing it yet as i had some time away from working on stuff for smf

kat

Actually, it sometimes kinda scares me that people seem too willing to ask questions, rather than trying to work stuff out, for themselves.

You learn far more, I believe, doing things that way.

Sure, you're gonna screw-up, sometimes. But, Hey! That's what backups are for, innit?

bullbreedluverz

I think download of smf should also include a forced firefox install with firebug addon so people can actually see the code for each part of a theme so they know what to look for for editing lol

kat

Advertisement: