News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Signatures...

Started by RealCop228, July 08, 2010, 10:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealCop228

I think I have seen this before, but I would like to know if its possible to disable signatures in particular threads/boards... If so, how? All answers appreciated, thanks!

Kill Em All

Quote from: RealCop228 on July 08, 2010, 10:52:12 PM
I think I have seen this before, but I would like to know if its possible to disable signatures in particular threads/boards... If so, how? All answers appreciated, thanks!
Unfortunately, AFAIK, this does not exist.

If you want, we can move this into the mod request area. If you want that, just make sure to edit your post to include more details such as SMF version and what exactly you want. :)

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

RealCop228

Aw, that sucks! Maybe it will appear in SMF 2.0 RC5, it thats what they're expecting to create after RC4... Any ways, I will make a new topic in the other board you mentioned, thanks for getting back to me!

Kill Em All

2.0 is feature locked.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

cicka

To disable signatures at a particular board, try this. At the Display.template.php file in your theme folder, find this code

<hr class="post_separator" />';

And below add this code

global $board_info;
if($board_info['id'] == 1.0)
echo
$message['member']['signature'] = '';

You should replace 1.0 with your board id where you want to disable signatures. This will disable it for all the posts.

If instead you want the admins to view the signatures and their signatures to be displayed, at the code above change this code

to this code

if($board_info['id'] == 1.0 && !$context['user']['is_admin'])

RealCop228

Quote from: cicka on July 10, 2010, 11:59:22 AM
To disable signatures at a particular board, try this. At the Display.template.php file in your theme folder, find this code

And below add this code

global $board_info;
echo

You should replace 1.0 with your board id where you want to disable signatures. This will disable it for all the posts.

If instead you want the admins to view the signatures and their signatures to be displayed, at the code above change this code

to this code

Ah, that helped! Thanks!

cicka

Quote from: RealCop228 on July 10, 2010, 01:33:48 PM
Quote from: cicka on July 10, 2010, 11:59:22 AM

And below add this code

global $board_info;
echo

to this code

Ah, that helped! Thanks!

You are welcome.

Advertisement: