News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Unable to login in SMF 2.0 RC3

Started by zoranh, July 09, 2010, 12:04:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoranh

I have a newly installed forum SMF 2.0 RC3 so I'm the only user at the moment (and administrator). I have problem to logon and it looks like this: when I type username and password at quick login part of the main page, password dots disappear and page submits. After reopening, Who's online section at the bottom of the page shows that I was online during last 60 minutes (I have set 60 minutes period). However, I am not logged on.

To correct the problem, I have first tried to delete all history, and it worked fine - I could login after that. Today, it happened again and I have just deleted all cookied - and succeeded to login.

I have accessed the forum using Firefox and IE, and both had the same behaviour.

After these experiments it looks like the problem is something with cookies, maintaining sessions or something like that, and it is not browser-related.

Can you please help me with this issue?

kat

Hi, there, zoranh! Welcome to SMF!

Try going to Admin>Configuration>Server settings>Cookies and Sessions.

You'll see "Enable local storage of cookies" and "Use subdomain independent cookies".

However they're set, try reversing them.

zoranh

Hi K,

Thanks for quick reply.

I've inverted first option to false and second to true. I'll se by tomorrow if it solved the problem.

zoranh

Unfortunately, this change didn't solve the problem. I had to uninstall SMF 2.0 in the meanwhile because the site has gone to production stage.

xenovanis

Could you try renaming the cookie? It's in the same section in the Admin Panel K@ posted before.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: