News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Help: SMF SQL Task

Started by Giulio92, July 10, 2010, 03:39:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giulio92

I have a site on hxxp:altervista.org [nonactive], the cronjob is not running about hosting, but the task of the forum work equally.

I would like to know how to start a php by sql database every 2 hours.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

mirahalo

hes using 2.0, his hosting do not have cronjobs and hes somehow asking how to use the Scheduled Task build in 2.0 to run some php file every 2 hours

Giulio92

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on July 10, 2010, 08:10:39 AM
- Is English your first language?

No

Quote from: 130860 on July 10, 2010, 08:33:34 AM
hes using 2.0, his hosting do not have cronjobs and hes somehow asking how to use the Scheduled Task build in 2.0 to run some php file every 2 hours

Yes

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Okay, if your hosting does not support cronjobs, then you might want to find a host which does. I don't suppose that you can do it via some alternate way if your hosting does not support it.

Giulio92

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on July 12, 2010, 11:33:54 AM
Okay, if your hosting does not support cronjobs, then you might want to find a host which does. I don't suppose that you can do it via some alternate way if your hosting does not support it.

wrong,is possible with the task of smf v2...

I only ask a simple way to use the task, are now forced to use the modified code (by me) of RSS Feeder, which obviously is not comfortable to use for my purposes....

NanoSector

Quote from: Giulio92 on July 12, 2010, 12:00:13 PM
Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on July 12, 2010, 11:33:54 AM

wrong,is possible with the task of smf v2...

I only ask a simple way to use the task, are now forced to use the modified code (by me) of RSS Feeder, which obviously is not comfortable to use for my purposes....
But the task needs cronjobs...and your host doesn't support them.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Giulio92

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 12, 2010, 12:07:15 PM
But the task needs cronjobs...and your host doesn't support them.
[/quote]

SMF DB Task works  ;)

MrPhil

If you are on a Linux (or other Unix-family) server, there ought to be "cron" available, unless it's a very low end host. In that case, all you can do is find a better host. If you are on a Windows server, you may have some sort of "Task Scheduler", which is like cron. Again, some low-end hosts may disable this function for performance or security reasons.

If you don't have either cron or Task Scheduler, and you can't move to a better host, perhaps some sort of "poor man's cron" would be the answer? This would not work off the system clock (like cron), but would check the time whenever SMF is run (say, index.php is entered) and if it has passed a job's start time, kick off the job with a system() call or whatever. Many other Web applications offer something like this, so it should not be hard to add into SMF.

Advertisement: