News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

What is This

Started by Sad_Angel, July 10, 2010, 05:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sad_Angel

A small question from my side
On many forums i have seen the links are coded in a box, on which we can't click but we have to manually insert it into address bar.
Some code like this
code: [select]    

www.anylink.com

also like this one [no follow]

Please anyone could explain what's the purpose of this and how to implement that in our SMF forum. Please tell how to code links like that.

Thank in advance
Peace...

cicka

Quote from: Sad_Angel on July 10, 2010, 05:34:36 AM
A small question from my side
On many forums i have seen the links are coded in a box, on which we can't click but we have to manually insert it into address bar.
Some code like this
code: [select]    

www.anylink.com

also like this one [no follow]

Please anyone could explain what's the purpose of this and how to implement that in our SMF forum. Please tell how to code links like that.

Thank in advance

That is as a measure against spammers. This mod will do that for you.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1236

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

@Sad_Angel
In order to put the links in the code box, use the [code ]text/link [/code ] (without spaces in the bracket) and that will make it non-clickable.

The purpose it to make the links untraceable. Like if I have to copy and paste it onto my address bar, you will never know if it was direct traffic or via a website. Additionally, it also makes the post look neat. It is moreover a Search Engine Optimization thingi.

This should help more: http://www.inlineseo.com/blog/2008/03/15/what-is-dofollow-what-is-nofollow-follow-along-and-see/

@cicka
I don't see how that affects spamming?

Sad_Angel

Thank you very much  cicka and F.L.A.M.E.R, i was just wondering what that thing do, you have explained it clearly.

Thank You
Peace...

cicka

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on July 10, 2010, 08:17:55 AM
@cicka
I don't see how that affects spamming?

I meant the no follow part. It makes the links posted by new members unclickable.

You are welcome Sad_Angel. Happy to have been of help.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

I'll mark this as solved for you. :)

Advertisement: