News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Banned myself

Started by shentino, July 10, 2010, 10:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shentino

I banned myself (127.0.0.1) and I was wondering if there's any way I can backdoor myself back in.

The forum in question is a localhost install on my own box.

I tried install.php but no luck.

Herman's Mixen

remove your ban from the SQL tables

smf_ban_groups
smf_ban_items

after that you could back in :P
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

shentino

I would prefer a solution that doesn't involve SQL voodoo.

tesser

Contact another admin and get them do it.

you should have created a 2nd admin account  for your self  thats what i have done.

shentino

That wouldn't help, I'm the only user.

Also, it's an IP ban against localhost.

Mostly I'm just playing around with and testing it.

cicka

Removing it from the tables The Burglar! mentioned above would be the easiest and fasted way. You might also need to change the group id from the members table too. Unless you want to wite a small script to connect to the database with the queries and run it. But that would be extra unnecessary work.

RealCop228

The only possible way you could have done that is the MySQL tables... If your the only user, you cannot go to another location and login to your account, it will just ban that IP address as well and not let you in...

gamesmad

Using phpMyAdmin, or if you don't have that, using phpMiniAdmin  -

DELETE FROM smf_ban_items WHERE hostname='127.0.0.1'

If you really don't want to mess with SQL, make a PHP file with the following, and run it in your browser.  You will need to change the database details.

<?php
$server
="dbserver";
$username="username";
$password="password";
$database="your_database";

mysql_connect($server,$username,$password);
@
mysql_select_db($database) or die( "Unable to select database");

$query "DELETE FROM smf_ban_items WHERE hostname='127.0.0.1'";
mysql_query($query);

mysql_close();
?>

1 on 1 SMF Help - Want 1 on 1 SMF Help? Post in Help Wanted or drop me a message!

Go Charter! - Please consider becoming a charter member to support SMF development.

Please do not PM me with general questions, posting in the appropriate board will ensure everyone benefits from the advice given.

Advertisement: