News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Text missing

Started by brodiewf, July 10, 2010, 12:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brodiewf

i am missing allot of text and menus. While they are there and i can access they they do not have a title and this is making it hard for people to register and to administrate my forum. What should i do.

cicka

Quote from: brodiewf on July 10, 2010, 12:25:45 PM
i am missing allot of text and menus. While they are there and i can access they they do not have a title and this is making it hard for people to register and to administrate my forum. What should i do.

Can you post some screenshot of the parts where the text is missing? I think this could be a language related problem. What language do you use as default for your forum?

brodiewf

well the text is missing everywhere but i can show an example a good one is the create category button in the admin/ boards section it is there but the text on it is missing. and in this picture look where i hovered my mouse over. You will notice the text is also missing. This is all over the forum.

http://www.ontarioregimentgaming.com/forimxtxt.gif [nofollow]

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Are you using the right theme made for 2.0 RC3? Could you link us to it please?
Are you using any different language than English? (Maybe English-UTF8)

brodiewf

i was able to fix it by installing english utf8 or whatever it was

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Ok, so it was a language file problem.

Shall I mark this solved then?

cicka

As I suspected. Happy to see that you solved it.

Digitaldude400d

I am having this same issue and have looked for this english utf8 but am unable to locate it. Can anyone help?

I have just upgraded from v1.1.11 and it appears that everything else is working fine. I am also using the core theme, no customization to it other than a few packages.

I am attaching 2 images to show my problems.

cicka

Quote from: Digitaldude400d on August 11, 2010, 02:01:13 PM
I am having this same issue and have looked for this english utf8 but am unable to locate it. Can anyone help?

I have just upgraded from v1.1.11 and it appears that everything else is working fine. I am also using the core theme, no customization to it other than a few packages.

I am attaching 2 images to show my problems.

You can download it from here

http://download.simplemachines.org/?languages

Digitaldude400d

Thank you Chicka. I searched for it but couldnt find it.....greatly appreciated and problem is fixed now.

Advertisement: