Apparent broken links reported by Googlebot

Started by zoranh, July 10, 2010, 04:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zoranh

Hi,

I have installed SMF 2.0 RC3 on my site. After that, Google Webmaster Tools reported these HTTP 404 errors:

URL   Linked From
hxxp:www.sysexpand.com/a%3E [nonactive]   hxxp:www.sysexpand.com/sysexpand/forum/index.php?board=1.0 [nonactive]
hxxp:www.sysexpand.com/a%3E [nonactive]   hxxp:www.sysexpand.com/sysexpand/forum/index.php?board=2.0 [nonactive]
hxxp:www.sysexpand.com/bbc/ [nonactive]   hxxp:www.sysexpand.com/sysexpand/forum/index.php?action=help;area=posting_topics [nonactive]

Forum is installed on address hxxp:www.sysexpand.com/forum [nonactive]. You should be able to access "Linked From" addresses without registration.

This does not produce any apparent problem when using the forum, or at least I haven't noticed so.

Second issue that I have noticed while investigating this is that all URLs begin with hxxp:www.sysexpand.com/sysexpand/forum [nonactive] instead of hxxp:www.sysexpand.com/forum [nonactive]. My domain hxxp:www.sysexpand.com [nonactive] is mapped to directory named sysexpand in the root FTP directory. I suspect that these two things are connected. I would like not to see sysexpand in URLs, as it means that search engines will map wrong URLs (for some reason these URLs redirect to correct ones, e.g. hxxp:www.sysexpand.com/sysexpand/forum/index.php?board=1.0 [nonactive] redirects to hxxp:www.sysexpand.com/forum/index.php?board=1.0 [nonactive]).

Can you please help me with these two issues?

Afro

zoranh

I haven't installed any additional mods, i.e. I've just run the installation (upgrade fom 1.1.11 to 2.0) and used it as is.

Afro

Did you run the repair_settings.php ? If no, download it here and run it.

http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=663.0

upload it to the root directory of your forum, point your browser to it .....  yourwebsite.com/repair_settings.php.
Then check if there is something that is not right and click the blue link below it to make it right.

Advertisement: