Can I Change My domain Address Using The Old Database

Started by raviteja, July 10, 2010, 11:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raviteja

Hello Sir/madam

i was having hxxp:certworld.co.cc [nonactive] and i have 59 members in my forum and two days ago my forum started giving http 500 internal server error so i tried all the way but it didn't work so i decided to reset my domain name i just deleted my domain when i turned back to re-register my domain the domain provider asking me 3 dollars to register the same domain

so i decided to go with the new domain and i registered a new domain called hxxp:techcert.co.cc [nonactive] and i have all files and databases of hxxp:certworld.co.cc [nonactive] i installed smf in hxxp:techcert.co.cc [nonactive] and i have copied settings.php and settings_bak.php files from hxxp:certworld.co.cc [nonactive] to hxxp:techcert.co.cc [nonactive] and  i can see all the posts which was in certworld but because of my bad luck i cannot use any links or login information nothing every link or thread going in the way of hxxp:certworld.co.cc [nonactive] such as hxxp:certworld.co.cc/index.php [nonactive]

Here Is My Request is Can i change my hxxp:certworld.co.cc [nonactive] database to hxxp:techcert.co.cc [nonactive] so i can avoid re-registering Users and re-posting please advise me any trick and remember i am not advanced user is php or in sql server database

Thanks in advance

raviteja

Guys I did it myself first i went to my phpmyadmin page and made a backup and took that backup

then edited with wordpad replaced certworld as techcert and changed the file locations

then went to settings.php file and replaced file locations thats it marvelous work

now my new forum working with old database

hahaha thanks for everybody

xenovanis

Good to see you solved it.  :)

For future reference, you can use rapair_settings to fix your settings.

What is repair_settings.php?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

raviteja

thanks for the information buddy smf rocks!! i love this software

Advertisement: