News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

HELP most mods can't install

Started by Jailbreak, July 11, 2010, 05:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jailbreak

I've tried to install some mods like Ajax Chat Integration and Thank-O-Matic mod and i got this error

most of the mods can't install.. maybe my file permissions? my file permissions are all writable. is it Okay?

what should i do with this?

Digger1874

What version of smf are you using? What mods do you have installed?

The mod you are trying to install is either corrupt or doesn't work with your version on smf.

Make sure you have chosen the correct version to install with your version of smf.

If that doesn't work then you may have to try to use manual edits with the package parser.
[

CapadY

Maybe errormesages can be helpfull to us ?
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

xenovanis

If you are on RC3, you could emulate a previous version of SMF. At the bottom of the package install page, hit the "advanced" link and enter the version the mod was created for.

Do not proceed if it fails on any installaction!

Backup before you install mods!
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Jailbreak

Quote from: Digger1874 on July 11, 2010, 06:08:16 AM
What version of smf are you using? What mods do you have installed?

The mod you are trying to install is either corrupt or doesn't work with your version on smf.

Make sure you have chosen the correct version to install with your version of smf.

If that doesn't work then you may have to try to use manual edits with the package parser.

I'm using smf 2.0 RC3 but I don't know how to install mods manually I've already tried installing mod manually but it fails. so i diidn't try anymore to install mods manually..

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Manual Installation of Mods (This this doc to learn how to install mods manually)

For Ajax chat, you can use either of the packages while in you can use anything which says "for SMF RC3" beside it.

After you see that error message, look into the error log if there is anything given out just after the error shown in the package manager? If so, please let us know about them.

Advertisement: