News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Placement of new_some.gif and new_none.gif

Started by Trapper333, July 11, 2010, 10:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trapper333

I'm using the core theme in RC3. My new_some and new_none gifs are placed right on the edge of the border of my bottom category box, inline with the "Mark all messages as read" tab. In my opinion this looks rather tacky. Those 2 gifs should have a bit of spacing below the category border rather than ride right on the border like tabs do. What file do I have to edit to drop them down a bit? I've done a lot of looking but haven't come up with which file I should be hacking to accomplish this.

cicka

Quote from: Trapper333 on July 11, 2010, 10:31:41 AM
I'm using the core theme in RC3. My new_some and new_none gifs are placed right on the edge of the border of my bottom category box, inline with the "Mark all messages as read" tab. In my opinion this looks rather tacky. Those 2 gifs should have a bit of spacing below the category border rather than ride right on the border like tabs do. What file do I have to edit to drop them down a bit? I've done a lot of looking but haven't come up with which file I should be hacking to accomplish this.

You will have to edit the Board.Index.template.php file for that. That file can be found in your theme 's folder. If you are using a custom style which does not have it, then edit the file from the default style.

Trapper333

Quote from: cicka on July 11, 2010, 11:35:51 AM

You will have to edit the Board.Index.template.php file for that. That file can be found in your theme 's folder. If you are using a custom style which does not have it, then edit the file from the default style.

Thanks for the navigation instructions cicka. I found what I needed. I am new to SMF and it's taking a bit of time for me to grasp a flow chart visualization of all this but it's starting to finally click. Thanks again.

cicka

Quote from: Trapper333 on July 11, 2010, 12:08:21 PM
Quote from: cicka on July 11, 2010, 11:35:51 AM

Thanks for the navigation instructions cicka. I found what I needed. I am new to SMF and it's taking a bit of time for me to grasp a flow chart visualization of all this but it's starting to finally click. Thanks again.

You are welcome. I am new to Smf too and I know what you mean. Smf is a very easy to understand system and soon everything clicks in place as you put it.

Advertisement: