Noob question! (member groups)

Started by Phil Serna, July 11, 2010, 09:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil Serna

I've been looking around the admin panel and what I would like to do is have the Newbie, Jr. Member, Etc... Appear on the forum index next to Admin, Global Mod... How can I do this? I would like to include it so that it would appear in the key group on the bottom of the forum index. Thanks in advance!
www.misc-content.com
Helping you get through your work day.

mirahalo

its a setting by default in 2.0 take a look at   admin / configuration / current Theme / Show group key on board index:

or theres a mod for that too:  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1077

Phil Serna

Quote from: 130860 on July 11, 2010, 05:04:06 PM
its a setting by default in 2.0 take a look at   admin / configuration / current Theme / Show group key on board index:

or theres a mod for that too:  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1077

the group key i have checked off, but was a bit curious on how to display others... however that link looks like what i am looking for.
www.misc-content.com

mirahalo

you may have to emulate version 2.0 RC1  to install this mod as its not been updated for 2.0 RC3  or look at its support thread  maybe someone has update it.

Phil Serna

yeah i just gave it a try, but didn't allow me to.
www.misc-content.com

mirahalo

I see you marked as solved, is this solved then?   does the packager manager do not accepted the mod?

on the emulate field type 2.0 RC1

Phil Serna

yeah - it doesn't accept in the package upload
www.misc-content.com

mirahalo

well marked as unsolved then, let me install a RC3 on localhost to see how can this mod be installed.

mirahalo

well the problem is this:

<install for="2.0 - 2.0.99">
<uninstall for="2.0 - 2.0.99">

that particular way doesn't really work,    download the mod,  open the  package-info.xml  with a code editor  or notepad

and change in both install and uninstall this 2.0 - 2.0.99   to this:  2.0 RC3   save the file,  zip all the files again,  install it,   even with all of this you still have to modified some files due to changes in RC1 and RC3

Phil Serna

appreciate the help, but going to sign off already
www.misc-content.com

mirahalo

not so sure if I understand you, are you sign off from here? 

Phil Serna

yea, have work tomorrow. signing off the webs
www.misc-content.com

mirahalo

oh, no problem then, please post again when you have time ;)

Phil Serna

www.misc-content.com

Phil Serna

Ello, I am back! I have a question and this still is within the member groups, but just regarding a permission setting. In the ACP under permissions I see that a GMOD can have access to Administrate forum and database and Manage boards and categories... My question is which one of these would I select if I wanted to give permissions for them to create boards... Is it access to the admin the forum or is it to manage boards and etc..? both of these are not select in my settings, so this is why I ask! :)
www.misc-content.com

mirahalo

if you only want it to give gmods permission to create boards and categories, then  only give it the Manage boards and categories permission

the other one: Administrate forum and database  will allow gmods to:

change forum, database and theme settings
manage packages
use the forum and database maintenance tools
view the error and mod logs

so, use this permission with caution, as it is very powerful

Phil Serna

Quote from: 130860 on July 13, 2010, 06:42:41 PM
if you only want it to give gmods permission to create boards and categories, then  only give it the Manage boards and categories permission

the other one: Administrate forum and database  will allow gmods to:

change forum, database and theme settings
manage packages
use the forum and database maintenance tools
view the error and mod logs

so, use this permission with caution, as it is very powerful

o, okay!  8)
www.misc-content.com

Advertisement: