News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Anything uploaded cannot apply

Started by tatsu011, July 12, 2010, 09:00:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatsu011

Hello SMF, I am currently running hxxp:eastgap.co.cc [nonactive] and had to transfer the forum to a new server.

After battling with horrible upload/download speeds for an entire weekend I decided to just go with a fresh install and change the database to the old database.

After checking things out things started to run smoothly again... but when I try to upload some of the mods I used I ran into an issue

QuoteYou cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

So I go ahead and check out the chmod values and they are either 666 for the packages themselves and everything else was 777.  So I decide to go and chmod all my files to 777 for the entire SMF forum install but I still get the same error.  I checked to make sure that there was nothing the server was doing to block it but I still get that same above error.  I then read the error logs to see WHAT exactly is happening, and to my surprise and disappointment, I also see that a member's avatar cannot be uploaded due to the exact same issue. 

Site: hxxp:eastgap.co.cc [nonactive]

NanoSector

You need to create a "temp" folder in the Packages directory and then CHMod it to 777 (or 0777)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

xenovanis

Rather than 777 try 755.

Or, in SMF Admin -> Packages -> File Permissions -> use the prefinined permission profile "Standard".
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: