News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

username code

Started by KiroBot, July 12, 2010, 09:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiroBot

You know when you login on a forum it says "Hello and then your username"
Would anyone happen to know what the code is for the username.
I just installed something and instead of it saying the members
username it says "Me"
So I want the thing to make it say there username. I tried '[username]' and $username but none of them worked

xenovanis

What did you install?

Try using this

$context['user']['name']
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

KiroBot

Quote from: xenovanis on July 12, 2010, 09:41:15 AM
What did you install?

Try using this

$context['user']['name']

Cometchat

NanoSector

More users have had problems with cometchat...

Use Ajaxchat instead :)
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

xenovanis

Could you try the code I posted? If it doesn't work, most likely the modification has changed what $context['user']['name'] should output.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

KiroBot

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 12, 2010, 09:43:57 AM

Ajax chat dont have Instant messager. That the main reason I installed it

NanoSector

Quote from: kiroBot on July 12, 2010, 09:46:07 AM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 12, 2010, 09:43:57 AM

Ajax chat dont have Instant messager. That the main reason I installed it
Hm. Didn't know that.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

KiroBot

Quote from: xenovanis on July 12, 2010, 09:41:15 AM
What did you install?

Try using this

$context['user']['name']

It didnt work

xenovanis

Is this a mod? I can't find anything in the modsection. How did you install it?

NanoSector

Quote from: xenovanis on July 12, 2010, 09:56:32 AM
http://www.cometchat.com/

KiroBot

Quote from: xenovanis on July 12, 2010, 09:56:32 AM
It has nothing to do with smf but it works with pretty much any smf forum and/or website

xenovanis

It looks like it's conflicting then. Did you have to make any modifications to get it integrated with SMF or is it a stand-alone installation?

KiroBot

Quote from: xenovanis on July 12, 2010, 10:12:57 AM
It looks like it's conflicting then. Did you have to make any modifications to get it integrated with SMF or is it a stand-alone installation?
it's stand-alone

NanoSector

Quote from: kiroBot on July 12, 2010, 10:13:46 AM
it's stand-alone
I don't get how it can make errors in those files then...

KiroBot

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 12, 2010, 10:15:53 AM
Quote from: kiroBot on July 12, 2010, 10:13:46 AM
it's stand-alone
I don't get how it can make errors in those files then...
me either lol

xenovanis

I guess it could happen if CometChat uses a similar function. I'm sorry, I can't help you with this.

KiroBot

Quote from: xenovanis on July 12, 2010, 10:25:01 AM
I guess it could happen if CometChat uses a similar function. I'm sorry, I can't help you with this.
It's okay I'll just keep trying different thing's. maybe I'll get something right.

CapadY

The problem is caused by Cometchat, so I think you'll have to go to Cometchat for support too.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

KiroBot

Quote from: capady on July 12, 2010, 11:22:15 AM
The problem is caused by Cometchat, so I think you'll have to go to Cometchat for support too.
Well I canot view cometchat forums because In order to view you have to buy it first. And I didnt buy it

NanoSector

Why buy something that only causes errors?

Contact Cometchat then, if possible.

cicka

Can you also attach here the Index.Template.php file in your theme folder?

KiroBot

Quote from: cicka on July 12, 2010, 12:18:59 PM
Can you also attach here the Index.Template.php file in your theme folder?
this?

KiroBot

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 12, 2010, 12:14:32 PM
Why buy something that only causes errors?

Contact Cometchat then, if possible.
It's not really a error its just how they set it up to be.

cicka

From the looks of it, everything appears to be ok at your file. That is really strange. If that chat is a stand along program and you made no edits to have it bridged with your Smf forum, then I do not see how that can influence that part.

CapadY

As a mather of fact I start thinking nothing is wrong with the forum. I start thinking the name in the chatsoftware is not displayed as expected.

I've never heard about Cometchat but I start thinking we are all trying to help somebody to get an illegal copy of it to work. When I look at the site of Cometchat the software is only available after paiment.

I will ask a moderator to close this topic cause we are talking about illegal actions.

KiroBot

Quote from: capady on July 12, 2010, 02:24:37 PM
As a mather of fact I start thinking nothing is wrong with the forum. I start thinking the name in the chatsoftware is not displayed as expected.

I've never heard about Cometchat but I start thinking we are all trying to help somebody to get an illegal copy of it to work. When I look at the site of Cometchat the software is only available after paiment.

I will ask a moderator to close this topic cause we are talking about illegal actions.
seriously it's not illegal If you search cometchat on google you will find a download liink for forums/websites. I got it from someone on here too

Link
http://www.vbteam.info/compatible-scripts/24685-cometchat-v1-0-0-brand-free.html
http://www.filestube.com/c/cometchat+download

CapadY

This is what I read in your first link:

WHAT'S DIFFERENT IN THIS RELEASE?

This is a 'brand-free' version. I've removed the 'Comet' part from the settings mouse over, and from the settings' tab (See screenshot below).

I've also included the uncompressed CSS file, since the compressed version was near impossible to edit.

It's about the same as removing the copyright rule at the bottom of your SMF-forum. I can hardly believe that's a legal action.

KiroBot

Quote from: capady on July 12, 2010, 02:24:37 PM

and also I already have it working. you should really look at the first post before trying to post stupid. All I wanted was the username code. and it turned into all this.

CapadY

Nice to hear I am the stupid in this fact.
I've reported this topic to moderators.

A little more respect for other members would honour you.

NanoSector

FORGET COMETCHAT
That's clear?
;)

Now lets focus on the code...

The code already suggested really doesn't work?

Kill Em All

I am going to mark the topic solved and locking.

We can not support other software, especially when the software is cracked. You will have to buy a license from cometchat and talk to their support team or find support somewhere else other than SMF.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Advertisement: