News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Cannot see changes

Started by NanoSector, July 12, 2010, 10:47:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NanoSector

I've installed various mods and none of them seem to change anything.

I did the custom page trick and now...no modifications actually "do something".

How can I solve this?
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Kays

Hi, do they work with the default theme?

Have you verified by checking the edits made that they did install?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

NanoSector

1. Yes

2. Yes

Version: 2.0 RC3

I heard there were problems with the package manager?
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

cicka

When did this started to happen? There are no problems with the Package Manager in smf 2.0 rc 3. I use the same version and I have neevr had any problems.

Can you list a few modifications you are having problems with and how exactly are they not doing anything?

NanoSector

Quote from: cicka on July 14, 2010, 02:55:32 PM
When did this started to happen? There are no problems with the Package Manager in smf 2.0 rc 3. I use the same version and I have neevr had any problems.

Can you list a few modifications you are having problems with and how exactly are they not doing anything?
All mods
They will extract files but don't modify files.

cicka

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 14, 2010, 03:28:30 PM

All mods
They will extract files but don't modify files.

But they do install ok? Do their settings appear in the Admin Panel?

CapadY

There are no problems with the Package Manager in smf 2.0 rc 3.

I don't agree with this.
I think I know what I am doing but it happens to me either.

Installing a MOD, got the message install was succesfully, and after that the MOD wasn't installed.
Al files that had to be modified where made a backup file.
But when using the parser to check the installation I find out the modifications for that MOD where not made in the specific files.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

cicka

Quote from: capady on July 14, 2010, 04:07:21 PM
There are no problems with the Package Manager in smf 2.0 rc 3.

I don't agree with this.
I think I know what I am doing but it happens to me either.

Installing a MOD, got the message install was succesfully, and after that the MOD wasn't installed.
Al files that had to be modified where made a backup file.
But when using the parser to check the installation I find out the modifications for that MOD where not made in the specific files.

I made that statement based on my own experience with Smf 2.0 rc 3 and the Package Manager. I have not had a single problem of that kind neither at my live forum nor at my test forum.

xenovanis

Quote from: cicka on July 14, 2010, 04:09:49 PM
I made that statement based on my own experience with Smf 2.0 rc 3 and the Package Manager. I have not had a single problem of that kind neither at my live forum nor at my test forum.

Nor do I. In fact, installing mods is now much easier for me, but in this forum I've seen several supprtrequests on this issue. So, there seems to be a problem with some server or permissionsconfiguration.

According to this post, it's the packagedirectory that throws the errors, although the issue where the files that should have been modified were not writable didn't return any errors.

Yoshi, could you read through that topic and follow the instructions?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

NanoSector

Quote from: xenovanis on July 14, 2010, 04:28:18 PM
Quote from: cicka on July 14, 2010, 04:09:49 PM

Nor do I. In fact, installing mods is now much easier for me, but in this forum I've seen several supprtrequests on this issue. So, there seems to be a problem with some server or permissionsconfiguration.

According to this post, it's the packagedirectory that throws the errors, although the issue where the files that should have been modified were not writable didn't return any errors.

Yoshi, could you read through that topic and follow the instructions?
Yes, I'm now CHMODding my folders to 755.
Then will CHMOD my files.
Then will CHMOD my Sources folder to 777.

And is your keyboard not working right?

NanoSector

Yes, the Registered Links mod works now.

I'll try others.

NanoSector

Yes this is solved.

Thank you, xenovanis!

xenovanis

My pleasure Yoshi2889 :)

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 15, 2010, 10:30:26 AM
And is your keyboard not working right?

It is. I'm just plain lazy :P
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: