Languages and Admin problems

Started by eigraphics, July 12, 2010, 12:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eigraphics

I can't get things back in order.  I've tried to run webinstaller but it says I don't have any languages.  When I get to the next step it won't work with FTP from webinstaller.  Powweb says the problem isn't on their end.  I also can't make any posts or log into my admin area.  I used one command I found on the boards last night but now it won't work this morning.  I'm beyond confused now.  I tried the currrent theme last night but still nothing.  Now I can't get back to my old theme either, and I don't know how to add the copyright to this one!  ugh
hxxp:www.talktanning.com/forum [nonactive]

eigraphics

I also tried downloading the languages and uploading them to the Themes folder but still nothing.

NanoSector

Please use the full installation ZIP.

Remove your old files and replace them with the ZIPs. Then run Install.php.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

eigraphics

Will I lose my current forum topics, posts and layouts? 

rd

Languages

Installing a Language

You do not need to install SMF copy...

All you have to do is upload a large upgrade package of whatever forum version you are running and point browser to: domain.com/forum/upgrade.php

Please upload those to your /forum (where your current SMF is and allow overwrite).

rd

And this will not remove your topics, posts and members but the layout(theme) and mod will be removed, but you can always reinstall.

eigraphics

It stops at 78% completed with this error:

!!Error!

BLOB/TEXT column 'real_name' used in key specification without a key length

CapadY

This error message you'll only get when you are INSTALLING SMF while people told you NOT to install, just to upload and overwrite the files.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

NanoSector

Quote from: capady on July 13, 2010, 06:24:08 AM
This error message you'll only get when you are INSTALLING SMF while people told you NOT to install, just to upload and overwrite the files.
They did tell that he must point his browser to Upgrade.php, and that is the upgrade process.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

eigraphics

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 13, 2010, 07:17:00 AM
They did tell that he must point his browser to Upgrade.php, and that is the upgrade process.

I'm not doing an install I'm doing the upgrade.php
Still no luck.  :)

I appreciate the help.

NanoSector

Quote from: eigraphics on July 13, 2010, 09:21:45 AM
Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 13, 2010, 07:17:00 AM

I'm not doing an install I'm doing the upgrade.php
Still no luck.  :)

I appreciate the help.
That's what I said. It is not the installation process, it is the UPGRADE process.

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: