News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Help with this error

Started by Forsaken-Fury, July 12, 2010, 08:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forsaken-Fury

Every time i try to install simple portal through package manager i get this error you cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable

Kill Em All

Make sure that the Packages directory is CHMOD to 755 and that you have a folder called "temp" without quotes in the Packages directory that is CHMOD to 777.
How do I chmod? / what is chmod?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well, it does say lol

The packages Directory is not writable

The solution Make it writable.

go to ./Packages Directory, CHMOD it to 777 or 755.

Damn, Kill Em all, you beat me to it lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Forsaken-Fury

can you guys tell me which folder or file to edit this stuff?

Kill Em All

Usuing FTP, just right click on your packages directory, then click file permissions or CHMOD, whatever it may say, then select 755.

All folders should generally be 755 while all files should be 644.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Forsaken-Fury

Ok im getting the error again let me try to fix

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Forsaken-Fury on July 12, 2010, 09:34:44 PM
Ok im getting the error again let me try to fix

If this is persistent, and will just not work, and you want your mod to work (fix this later) you can just manually upload the package to the Packages directory too

SMF 2.0 RC5

Forsaken-Fury

But you guys didn't tell me what files to look for chmod im using filezilla and i go to the packages folder i don't see anything

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

You will be CHMOD'ing the actual Directory, not any files

Which FTP client are you using?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Forsaken-Fury

Kill Em All

So right click on the Packages folder and then select File Permissions, then type in 755.

Forsaken-Fury

I have done chmod and i have permission to over write the files so i tryed to install simpleportal again says the same thing i went through filezilla and right clicked the files and the directories still have a problem help me please?

Kill Em All

Forsaken-Fury, I have merged your two topics. Please do not create multiple topics regarding the same issue. I have responded to this one and you never got back to it. We are all volunteers here.

Have you tried CHMOD your directories to 777? Make sure there is a folder called "temp" without quotes in your Packages folder. The temp folder should be CHMOD to 777 also.

cicka

Quote from: Forsaken-Fury on July 12, 2010, 08:00:44 PM
Every time i try to install simple portal through package manager i get this error you cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable

Does this happen for Simple Portal or for every add on? Is this a brand new forum? If not, when did you notice this for the first time?

Alternatively, go to your admin panel->Packages->File Permissions and try to chmodd the Packages directory from there and see if it would make any difference.

If you create that temp folder as suggested above, then try to install this add on imemdiately afterwards.

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=724

CapadY

Quote from: Forsaken-Fury on July 12, 2010, 10:46:15 PM
But you guys didn't tell me what files to look for chmod im using filezilla and i go to the packages folder i don't see anything

That means you didn't make the temp directory as told you a few times before.
In the package folder you should see at least the temp folder.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Forsaken-Fury

Well there wasn't one but i made one and installation went perfect but then i tryed to delte the temp folder now it wont delete and now i have this error "
Warning: require_once(/home/a9280332/public_html/Sources/Subs-Portal.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/a9280332/public_html/index.php on line 66

Free Web Hosting

PHP Error Message

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/a9280332/public_html/Sources/Subs-Portal.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/a9280332/public_html/index.php on line 66"

rd

You don't have to delete the temp directory, if I am not mistaken you need it in order to install modifications on your forum.

Kill Em All

You don't always need the temp directory to install mods, just depends on your host.

That error is from simpleportal, you will get a better answer asking them over at http://simpleportal.net

Advertisement: