News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

zero size reply

Started by xsisonline, July 13, 2010, 04:24:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsisonline

i was using smf 1.1.11 so i upgraded to 2.0Rc3 but every thing is fine but when i try to upload and install any mod i am getting an error of zero size reply

you can see this here

pls help me in this

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I had a problem, just like this one, I was getting a 500 error however, It ended up been the host itself.

From What I can see here (Google) any of the below could be causing the issue.

This happens when Squid makes a TCP connection to an origin server, but for some reason, the connection is closed before Squid reads any data. Depending on various factors, Squid may be able to retry the request again. If you see the ``Zero Sized Reply'' error message, it means that Squid was unable to retry, or that all retry attempts also failed.

What causes a connection to close prematurely? It could be a number of things, including:

1. An overloaded origin server.
2. TCP implementation/interoperability bugs.
3. Race conditions with HTTP persistent connections.
4. Buggy or misconfigured NAT boxes, firewalls, and load-balancers.
5. Denial of service attacks.

You may be able to use tcpdump to track down and observe the problem.

Some users believe the problem is caused by very large cookies. One user reports that his Zero Sized Reply problem went away when he told Internet Explorer to not accept third-party cookies.

Here are some things you can try to reduce the occurance of the Zero Sized Reply error:

1. Delete or rename your cookie file and configure your browser to prompt you before accepting any new cookies.
2. Disable HTTP persistent connections with the server_persistent_connections and client_persistent_connections directives.
3. Disable any advanced TCP features on the Squid system. Disable ECN on Linux with echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_ecn/.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Advertisement: