News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Simpleportal pages

Started by Grim Line, July 13, 2010, 07:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim Line

Hey, I'm running SMF 2.0RC3 and currently have Simpleportal 2.3.2 running on my forum. What i want to know is "Do the pages work?".

I've gone to Admin > SimplePortal > Pages > Add page and created an active page under the ID of page2519. I've added just random BBCoding to this page just as a test run. I then go to /index.php?page2519 and an empty page will appear with none of the BBcoding i have added and just the blocks from my simpleportal (Which are set to show everywhere).

So do "Pages" actually work? Or is it bugged or just a feature not yet released?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

The pages work, you just need to provide a link to them yourself.
If your page name is "mypage" then the url for that would be

yourforum.com/index.php?page=mypage

In your case
/index.php?page=page2519

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Grim Line

Thankyou very much! Very useful to know that this works :).

deansmar

this would be a good topic to read, it would help you to understand how to link to your pages and also highlight the tabs when clicked

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=357796

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Yep, adding tabs is easy, to make the tab actually look like the selected one when its the one been used, look at the "current action" code, about half way down that page :)

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Any updates on this? Do you require any assistance with this? Feel free to mark this as solved.

Additionally, concern the simpleportal modification support area so that they can guide you correctly with any of your further queries. :)

Advertisement: