brigadegames

I am getting this error on trying to enter the forum:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /xxx/forum/index.php on line 358

can anyone help me?

Thanks

Lon

NanoSector

My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

brigadegames

NanoSector

I'll try getting a new copy for you. It seems nothing changed.

Please wait.
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

NanoSector

xenovanis

index.php doesn't contain 358 lines.

Were you trying to install a modification before this happened?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Kays

Hmm, that is the wrong file. :)

The index.php you are looking for is the one at the root of your forums. Which is the same place as SSI.php and Settings.php.

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

xenovanis

Quote from: Kays on July 14, 2010, 10:03:24 AM
Hmm, that is the wrong file. :)

The index.php you are looking for is the one at the root of your forums. Which is the same place as SSI.php and Settings.php.

Right  :D

Doesn't contain a $end though.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

NanoSector

Could you please upload the OTHER index.php? :P

brigadegames

Sorry for the delay - I had a meeting.

Sorry I am new to this and yes I just upgraded the forum from version 1 to a version 2 RC3

I had the error prior so I figured I should just do the upgrade and maybe that would solve my problem.
I was using the forum last night after the upgrade and was installing a few modules. All was working fine when I went to bed.

Attached is the index.php from the forum directory.

Thanks again in advance.

Lon

cicka

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 14, 2010, 10:09:30 AM
Could you please upload the OTHER index.php? :P

You should not upload a new copy of index.php from the smf package like you did above, because if the OP has installed add ons that modifiy that file, it will only get in the way with throwing more errors if replaces with a fresh file :)

After having a look at the file, it is missing the last part of the code along with the closing php tag. Try to add them and see if it would help.

return $actionArray[$_REQUEST['action']][1];
}

?>

brigadegames

Thanks.

It was also missing an ending ; in the previous line.

So far it seems to be working.

I would suggest that if on upgrading that the index.php not be touched or replaced then that needs to be added to the instructions.

Thanks again,

Lon

Forsaken-Fury

cicka

Quote from: brigadegames on July 14, 2010, 11:45:22 AM
Thanks.

It was also missing an ending ; in the previous line.

So far it seems to be working.

I would suggest that if on upgrading that the index.php not be touched or replaced then that needs to be added to the instructions.

Thanks again,

Lon

You are welcome. Happy to have been of help.

Kays

One thing to note is that there is an edit to that file which adds Gallery2 to the action array.

@ brigadegames

Was Gallery 2 the last mod you installed? Which Gallery mod is that?

If at first you don't succeed, use a bigger hammer. If that fails, read the manual.
My Mods

Advertisement: