News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF touchscreen friendly

Started by hapuzi, July 14, 2010, 05:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hapuzi

Hello! was looking for possibilities for SMF mods to be touchscreen.. the wap2 and those existing 2 mods are bad  ;D .. any inputs?

Antechinus

We're planning on doing an official mobile theme with improved functionality, but it is not going to happen immediately as the standard build takes priority and has to be finished first. We'd be looking at working on that after 2.0 is sorted.

feline

Try a good phone .. like Samsung I9000 Galaxy S  :D

Fel

MrPhil

Quote from: hapuzi on July 14, 2010, 05:53:09 PM
Hello! was looking for possibilities for SMF mods to be touchscreen..
Do you have specific requests? Does SMF on a touchscreen device have too small of buttons for your fingers, or require too much scrolling, or what? If you list specific ways an interface intended for such devices can be improved, people can start thinking about how to implement it (and start a discussion about it).

hapuzi

Quote from: MrPhil on July 16, 2010, 10:18:00 AM
Do you have specific requests? Does SMF on a touchscreen device have too small of buttons for your fingers, or require too much scrolling, or what? If you list specific ways an interface intended for such devices can be improved, people can start thinking about how to implement it (and start a discussion about it).

Thank you for the reply! :) I saw one guy here made his thumb friendly version out of wap2 but I cannot find it again and is in a different language I guess.. :(

* was looking forward similar to facebook UI - clean imageless foruming(except logo, avatar and post image)(wap2 is already ok just needs those basic images and without those number 0-9)
* the "search member" function on wap2's write message doesn't need to be specific(unlike the existing one), that it can use just the first few letters and show relevant results.
* has a function buttons like quote, move topic etc. in a super small mono-colored images(I can contribute this)
* links appears as clickable links and so is the video sites and everything links - etc.
* has a notification page like in my site http://www.freestyleforum.net/chatizen.php [nofollow] as 2nd tab, the first tab would be the forum http://www.freestyleforum.net/index.php?;wap2 [nofollow]  - both are loaded in the same page but its like hiding and revealing the notification.

Here is my idea:

how about the others? any inputs/ideas?

Quote from: feline on July 14, 2010, 06:50:44 PM
I love that phone Sis!!!! :D

edit: I could have put the PM/Modify/Quote button above the Date, so below the username's will be a space for profile rank and/or post count

NanoSector

Quote from: MrPhil on July 16, 2010, 10:18:00 AM
Yeah the buttons/links are really small. When clicking the "last post" button in the unread replies there is a very high change you hit the "mark all as unread" button.

Quote from: feline on July 14, 2010, 06:50:44 PM

Fel
Yeah I use an iPod Touch, which is even better (cheap online calling with Skype ftw) :P
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Advertisement: