News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

A Quicker Way to Edit Profiles

Started by Melissa524, July 15, 2010, 02:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melissa524

Okay, I am coming from invisionfree type boards and I was wondering if there is a better way to edit member's profiles?  I am having to do a lot of changing screens to edit the group and the profile information.
In case, I forget to say.  I am using 2.0.2

CapadY

Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Melissa524

Well, right now, I have to go to one account option to edit the member's group, and then I have to go to another option to edit the profile, and then I can't get back to the page I was looking at before.  Is there a way to put all the profile options on one page?
In case, I forget to say.  I am using 2.0.2

amlucent

Dunno if this is a solution for the member groups that you can consider but for my forum I just made most groups joinable by the member and I made a topic for the members outlining how to do it themselves... then you can just approve/deny requests.. even set some to no approval necessary.  Again, I dont know how your groups are configured as to what permissions are assigned to each group to tell you for sure if this will be a viable option for ya... but i say automation is king.

Jakob Fel

You can always check the SMF customization site for a mod that improves profile editing. :)

custom.simplemachines.org
Freelance writer and advocate for security, privacy & DRM-free distribution
Support and Community Management at SMFNew Free Forum Hosting

Advertisement: