News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Mass deactivation

Started by Propaganistas, July 16, 2010, 11:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Propaganistas

Hi,

is there any frontend button to force every member to reactivate it's account? The Admin's member section only shows a Deletion button...

If not: How about database changes? (that way, I can resend the mails in 'Members awaiting Approval')
Is the following SQL code able to accomplish this?
UPDATE smf_members
SET is_activated = 0

Thanks!

cicka

Quote from: Propaganistas on July 16, 2010, 11:22:17 AM
Hi,

is there a way to force every member to reactivate it's account? The Admin section only shows a Deletion button...

I'm able to execute database changes. (that way, I can resend the mails in 'Members awaiting Approval')

Thanks!

Do you want that all your members to be activated? You can do it with a query. Run this query in your phpmyadmin or whatever tool you are using to manage your database.

UPDATE smf_members SET is_activated = 1;

If you are using another prefix for your database tables, then please use that instead of the default smf_  prefix.

Propaganistas

Quote from: cicka on July 16, 2010, 11:27:30 AM
Hi,

is there a way to force every member to reactivate it's account? The Admin section only shows a Deletion button...

I'm able to execute database changes. (that way, I can resend the mails in 'Members awaiting Approval')

Thanks!

Do you want that all your members to be activated? You can do it with a query. Run this query in your phpmyadmin or whatever tool you are using to manage your database.

If you are using another prefix for your database tables, then please use that instead of the default smf_  prefix.
I changed my post while you answered. :)

Thanks for helping!

cicka

Quote from: Propaganistas on July 16, 2010, 11:30:15 AM
Quote from: cicka on July 16, 2010, 11:27:30 AM
Hi,

Thanks!

I changed my post while you answered. :)

Thanks for helping!

You are welcome :)

P.s. By setting is_activated = 0 as you have in your query, it will achive the opposite thing. Better to change 0 to 1 as I posted above.

Propaganistas

No, I want them to be deactivated, so 0 is the right value?

I just tested this on a test account but encountered a problem. The activation mail doesn't contain an activation code! Maybe the code is only generated at a regular registration?

cicka

Quote from: Propaganistas on July 16, 2010, 11:39:33 AM
No, I want them to be deactivated, so 0 is the right value?

I just tested this on a test account but encountered a problem. The activation mail doesn't contain an activation code! Maybe the code is only generated at a regular registration?

But that will deactivate everyone. And I am sorry for the misunderstanding. I thought you meant the opposite.

Propaganistas

I'm sorry, I may not have expressed myself quite clear as I'm not a native english speaker.

Any idea how to get an activation code in the mails?

cicka

Quote from: Propaganistas on July 16, 2010, 11:43:55 AM
I'm sorry, I may not have expressed myself quite clear as I'm not a native english speaker.

Any idea how to get an activation code in the mails?

I'm not a native english speaker either by the way. Anywayz, no I do not know how to get an activation code in the mails. Sorry that I can not help you further.

Propaganistas

Anyone else can explain why there's no activation code within?

CapadY

An email with an registration code is only send at new registration.
In this case there is no new registration, so, no email send.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

NanoSector

Quote from: capady on July 17, 2010, 05:42:44 AM
An email with an registration code is only send at new registration.
In this case there is no new registration, so, no email send.
Yep.

I think you manually need to reactivate the members if you deactivate them.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Propaganistas

Well yeah, but when I deactivate them with a database change, they reappear in the 'Awaiting for approval' page. At that point, I can click the button 'Remind and send email', which resends their activation email (which is exactly what I want -> they need to reactivate themselves).
I would expect that there's an activation code within, but it seems such a code is only generated at registrations..

If anyone knows how to omit the lack of a code, I'd be glad to listen :)

NanoSector

Quote from: Propaganistas on July 17, 2010, 04:52:46 PM
Well yeah, but when I deactivate them with a database change, they reappear in the 'Awaiting for approval' page. At that point, I can click the button 'Remind and send email', which resends their activation email (which is exactly what I want -> they need to reactivate themselves).
I would expect that there's an activation code within, but it seems such a code is only generated at registrations..

You could create a test account on your forum and see yourself...
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

CapadY

Quote from: Propaganistas on July 17, 2010, 04:52:46 PM

This isn't a lack off code.
This is a rude destroy of the system by the administrator.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Propaganistas

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on July 17, 2010, 05:40:04 PMYou could create a test account on your forum and see yourself...
Did this. That's my source of saying that there's no code.

Quote from: capady on July 17, 2010, 07:06:17 PM
This isn't a lack off code.
This is a rude destroy of the system by the administrator.
Nah, in my opinion this should be a standard option in SMF.. It would fit in the package as a type of banning.

Advertisement: