News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

How to make a board/category that only moderators or higher can post in?

Started by Tyluur, July 16, 2010, 02:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyluur

How do I make my Category 'Paradise Home' or all the boards in that category that only Mod+ can post in them?

Kill Em All

When you create the boards, just make sure that all the membergroups are unticked, while mod+ or higher are ticked. Then select modify.

If all boards are hidden by users below in a certain category, it will automatically hide the category.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Tyluur

That only makes them unable to see the board, i want them to see it but not be able to post in it.

Kill Em All

Oh, ok, then let everyone have access to it, then under Admin>Boards

You would select permissions for the specific board, then for each membergroup lower than moderators, click modify and select the options from there, then select save changes.

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

Tyluur

When I press Post replies to topics, it applies to all the boards, not just 1.

Kill Em All

You are going to:
Admin>Forum>Boards>Find your Board>permissions>Find the membergroup>Modify

It should only be applying it to the board you selected.

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: