News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

When i installed SMF It didnt ask for a FTP Account

Started by snkey32, July 17, 2010, 12:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snkey32

when i installed my FTP it didnt ask the info for the php account
Then on the admin thing i went to settings to try to add but it still did not work

help
and i want to know why cause i cant install mods

Kill Em All

Depending on your host's configuration, you don't need to supply FTP account details.

If you are having trouble installing mods, what happens when you install it exactly, or when you try to install it? What error messages do you get on your screen and/or in your error log? Also, are you using a custom theme?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

snkey32

i got to packages > Download packages
Packages
#  Simple Machines Third-party Mod Site

i press browse and it says
Unable to connect to the server. Please try using this URL instead.

Kill Em All

Your host is probably blocking it.

Why don't you just browse the actual mod site and download mods from there:
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/

Its easier, download the mod you want, then upload it to your site in the same area, Download packages>Package to Upload>browse>find it>upload

Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

snkey32

wouldnt i have to insert in all the codes though?

live627

The mod will install automatically if there are no "Test Failed" messages when you install the mod.

EDIT: Not sure who marked this topic as solved, but it seems on the contrary to me *scratchhead*

Kill Em All

I'm not sure. Is this solved snkey32? If not, we can easily unmark it solved and continue. :)

You will have to insert codes to your custom themes no matter what, unless the package manager test passes when you select to make the edits to your custom theme.

Advertisement: