News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Move

Started by TecKtoNiK.z0r, July 17, 2010, 05:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecKtoNiK.z0r

It's there any possible way to move boards , topics , posts , member from a forum 1.1.11 to another forum 2.0 rc3 ?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

You could backup the database, then create a replica forum with the SMF 1.1 versions then run the upgrade to SMF 2 on the desired forum

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

TecKtoNiK.z0r

No, i want to MOVE ,not to upgrade ....

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

I know, you didn't understand my reply.

You database will need to be upgraded to become compatible with SMF 2 RC3 forum software.

So this is why we have to upgrade it, this is why I said to backup and make a replica so we can perform the upgrade on the replica, thus a SMF 2 RC3 compatible database, then we can move it to a SMF 2 RC3 forum.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Moving to SMF 2.x from 1.1.11 (No matter what content it is) is like upgrading your forum. There have been database structure changes which is why you need to run the upgrade script. If you use the 1.1.x structure for 2.x, then you are likely to mess up your forum.

Here is how you perform the upgrade: Upgrading SMF

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: (F.L.A.M.E.R) on July 17, 2010, 09:21:53 PM
Moving to SMF 2.x from 1.1.11 (No matter what content it is) is like upgrading your forum. There have been database structure changes which is why you need to run the upgrade script. If you use the 1.1.x structure for 2.x, then you are likely to mess up your forum.

Here is how you perform the upgrade: Upgrading SMF

Sometimes people need to hear it from the official team lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

live627

* live627 chuckles

TecKtoNiK.z0r

I dont seem to understand . I need to upgrade the smf 1.1.11  to 2.0 rc3 ?

cicka

Quote from: TecKtoNiK.z0r on July 18, 2010, 06:32:44 AM
I dont seem to understand . I need to upgrade the smf 1.1.11  to 2.0 rc3 ?

Yes, to move your forum from a version to a higher version is called upgrading your forum.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

TecKtoNiK.z0r does not understand because he/she actually wants to keep both forums, I believe.

You will need to make a replica forum on a localhost or somewhere else, then upgrade, its really simple.

1. Make complete backup of your database and then upload it using phpmyadmin
2. Install SMF and use another temporary database
3. Go to the SMF database settings and change the settings so it uses your database backup.
4. All the usernames and passwords and everything else with your forum will be reloaded.
5. Use the upgrade to upgrade.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Any updates on this? Do you still require any further assistance with this? Do let us know how did it go?

Advertisement: