News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Possible bug

Started by bTAkira, July 18, 2010, 04:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bTAkira

At the bottom of the forum where it lists what topics have been made, I was able to see a topic posted in a private section, even though I was a guest.

Was this a fault of mine? Or is this a bug?

CapadY

It's a fault in the permission settings of that forum.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

bTAkira

Not as far as I can see.

Permissions are set so no one can see the board, and no guests or registered users can do anything on that board. The category and the one forum within looks completely secure.

It would seem Firefox does that. It can never keep me logged in, but it will display that information. On the other hand, internet explorer (which will keep me logged in) does not show that information... Huh..

CapadY

Maybe it was an registered member that deleted his account after he wrote that message. In that case "Guest" is shown as the author of the post.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

xenovanis

What version are you using?
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

bTAkira

RC3, the newest version.

xenovanis

Do you have cache enabled in Forum -> Configuration -> Server Settings -> Caching?

You might want to try to clear your cache.

The loginthing could be related with subdomain cookies not being enabled. You can enable them in the same section, under Cookies and Sessions.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

bTAkira

Caching is on level 1.

Using subdomain independent cookies doesn't do anything. SFM is set in the root directory, so it has no sub domain.

And clearing the cache (after setting the subdomain to independent) did nothing.

And while I have your attention, is there an easier way to organize smilieys? Moving one smiley one at a time then having the page reload to the previous page, having to press another smiley to move it another smiley is very inefficient and quite irritating. And while on that screen, while moving smileys I was able to create blank slots where nothing was there, but it still thought something was.

xenovanis

Maybe it's something with the cookie and privacysettings in Firefox. I have no idea actually. Do you happen to know if anyone can see posts from the private board or is it just you? It really looks like Firefox logs you out, but is still caching things from your loginstatus.

The subdomain cookies enabling also work if you have a redirected www. For instance, when loggin in to http://yoursite.com redirects you to http://www.yoursite.com.

As for the smileys, I'm not sure if there's a way to batch upload them. Check the Online Manual for more information:
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=58.0;sort=subject

bTAkira

We removed the bottom part of the forums that displays what posts have been made last, but I figured i'd give out a heads up.

As for the logging out, i see it quite a few places but no one can seem to get an answer. Some people have the problem, others don't. Some Firefox browsers keep them logged in, others don't. It's strange. And i've emptied my cookies, my cache, etc but no no avail.

If I figure it out i'll post it up.

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Do you still face this issue? Maybe a restart of computer after clearing the cache might help.

Advertisement: