Is it possible run SMF 2.x in parallel with SMF 1.x?

Started by V@no, July 18, 2010, 09:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

V@no

Hello.
First of all sorry if this has been discussed before, my searching didn't come up with any relevant topics.

We are using SMF 1.1.11 as our primary support forum software. I'd like to try out the latest v2 beta to see how it would perform and see what kind of grief I'd have to go through to add custom modifications we currently have.
Is it possible run both SMF versions at the same time, including all the messages be seen in both versions?
What would be my options?

Thank you.

cicka

Quote from: V@no on July 18, 2010, 09:54:31 AM
Hello.
First of all sorry if this has been discussed before, my searching didn't come up with any relevant topics.

We are using SMF 1.1.11 as our primary support forum software. I'd like to try out the latest v2 beta to see how it would perform and see what kind of grief I'd have to go through to add custom modifications we currently have.
Is it possible run both SMF versions at the same time, including all the messages be seen in both versions?
What would be my options?

Thank you.

That is not possible because of the huge changes between the 2 versions. But what you can do is to make a duplicate of your forum to test folder or subforum and then upgrade that to smf 2.0 rc 3.

Advertisement: