Difficulty with installing packages on apisnetworks

Started by bros, July 18, 2010, 06:56:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bros

Running SMF 2.0 RC3.

Yes, I have already talked to the host about this issue, they said to come here.

I hit install, and it says the test is successful,

I check, nothing changed. The files in question were not modified.

The host says "SMF is assuming the FTP path to be /forums, which is incorrect. It should be /var/www/html/forums."

Any idea how to fix that?

Path to SMF/Sources/cache/Theme directories are correct.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Take a look at repair_settings.php see if the paths are visually correct and post back with results

NOTE: it also recommends settings, their usually correct.

What is repair_settings.php?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

bros

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 18, 2010, 07:16:25 PM
Take a look at repair_settings.php see if the paths are visually correct and post back with results

NOTE: it also recommends settings, their usually correct.

What is repair_settings.php?

Oh duh. Why didn't I think of that? (I've been trying to get these forums up for the past few days with little break)

Let's run it and check.

Nope, didn't fix it.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

OK well now we have checked that, lets get some more details of your issues.

What is your actual error, I don't see one in the 1st post, are you installing SMF, have you installed it already?

Provide some screen shots to if possible :)

Unsure if you got smf installed or not lol

SMF 2.0 RC5

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

OK, what exactly happens when you attempt to install a package?

SMF 2.0 RC5

Kill Em All

Make sure that all folders are CHMOD to 755 or 777 depending on host and all files are CHMOD to 644.

If that doesn't work when trying to install the mod, then ask your host if they have mod_security enabled.
Having problems with mod_security?

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

bros

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 18, 2010, 09:53:19 PM
OK, what exactly happens when you attempt to install a package?

No files are modified.

Quote from: Kill Em All on July 18, 2010, 10:27:16 PM
Make sure that all folders are CHMOD to 755 or 777 depending on host and all files are CHMOD to 644.

If that doesn't work when trying to install the mod, then ask your host if they have mod_security enabled.
Having problems with mod_security?

Every folder is at 777

I do not believe the host has mod_security installed, as I was able to get SMF up and running with mods on this host like 6 months ago

gbsothere

This happened to me, as well, on my RC3 test forum.  It was an ownership issue.  I had to gain ownership of the files and directories because, even though the ftp showed that permissions were being changed, they actually weren't.  Even creating the "temp" directory inside packages and setting permissions did nothing.  I was getting a "success" installation message but no files were edited, until I gained ownership and changed permissions again. 

I just wanted to mention that on my way to bed.   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Kill Em All

Thanks gbsothere. This most likely is a ownership issue then if his host can confirm that modsecurity isn't enabled.

And just because you were able to 6 months ago, doesn't mean they wouldn't change that.

My Site: KEAGaming.com

Manual Installation of Mods
Prevent Spam and Forum Attacks
Please do not PM or email me for support unless offered, help should be publicly displayed to others.

bros

Quote from: gbsothere on July 18, 2010, 10:54:40 PM
This happened to me, as well, on my RC3 test forum.  It was an ownership issue.  I had to gain ownership of the files and directories because, even though the ftp showed that permissions were being changed, they actually weren't.  Even creating the "temp" directory inside packages and setting permissions did nothing.  I was getting a "success" installation message but no files were edited, until I gained ownership and changed permissions again. 

I just wanted to mention that on my way to bed.   :)

Okay, I was already set to owner of the directory, but I figured it out:
To anyone using apis, this is what you do:
1. Go into the control panel
2. Go into the file manager
3. Find your forum folder
4. Click the button that looks like tools (It's the first action, don't click on the folder name)
5. Set permissions to 777
6. Apple recursively
7. Make sure the owner is set to your FTP account and apply that recursively

Advertisement: