Ajax Chat Button missing

Started by Martinfin, July 18, 2010, 09:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinfin

I had downloaded it from here as I was told to go here...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ajax-chat/files/ajax-chat/0.8.3/ajax_chat-0.8.3_SMF.zip/download

Installed fine... and I can go to the chat but I am missing the Chat Button..

I am running SMF v2.0 RC3
Theme is 'Blue Moonlight, by Akyhne'

Any Ideas?

P.S. I currently have IRC Chat installed, Would this be messing with it?
Anymore Information needed I will provide...

Thanks!
-> Martinfin

gbsothere

If your theme has its own BoardIndex.template.php and index.template.php files, you'll need to manually place this mod's edits in them, using the parsing instructions found on the mod's page.   The Package Manager only parses the default theme's templates.  Have you done that?   :)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Martinfin

Quote from: gbsothere on July 18, 2010, 09:08:27 PM
If your theme has its own BoardIndex.template.php and index.template.php files, you'll need to manually place this mod's edits in them, using the parsing instructions found on the mod's page.   The Package Manager only parses the default theme's templates.  Have you done that?   :)

Omg, Yes, I used the default all the way, So what your saying is whatever theme I'm using, to make the changes in that?

Thanks for the fast reply.
-> Martinfin

gbsothere

Quote from: Martinfin on July 18, 2010, 09:39:00 PM

Omg, Yes, I used the default all the way, So what your saying is whatever theme I'm using, to make the changes in that?

Thanks for the fast reply.

Yes, anytime you have a custom theme and you use Package Manager to install a mod, it only parses the default files (including the templates).  If your custom theme has any of the template files that the mod wants to parse, then you need to go to the mod's page and, clicking the button next to the zip you downloaded, use the pulldown to find your version of SMF and you will find the parsing instructions.  When you are done, upload those templates to your theme's directory.    :)

If your theme has a particular language file that the mod parses, do the same.  Also, make sure that the language you use as your forum's default (Server Settings) is the same language as the language file you parse and upload. (English, utf-8, etc.)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

TheListener

If you still have IRC chat installed then I would remove it asap.

Please use the mods own topic in future.

Also you may find this link useful:  http://ajcintegration.co.cc/index.php

Martinfin

Yes, anytime you have a custom theme and you use Package Manager to install a mod, it only parses the default files (including the templates).  If your custom theme has any of the template files that the mod wants to parse, then you need to go to the mod's page and, clicking the button next to the zip you downloaded, use the pulldown to find your version of SMF and you will find the parsing instructions.  When you are done, upload those templates to your theme's directory.    :)

If your theme has a particular language file that the mod parses, do the same.  Also, make sure that the language you use as your forum's default (Server Settings) is the same language as the language file you parse and upload. (English, utf-8, etc.)

Wow, Only got like 3 files...
1. index.php
2. index.template.php
3. theme_info.xml

I don't have a BoardIndex.template.php file... :(   meaning not in the theme....

Quote from: Brack1 on July 18, 2010, 09:46:08 PM
If you still have IRC chat installed then I would remove it asap.

Please use the mods own topic in future.

Also you may find this link useful:  http://ajcintegration.co.cc/index.php

Not sure what you mean on "mods own topic" ....

And I will remove IRC, I really don't care for it anyhow..

Thanks!
-> Martinfin

gbsothere

It's okay if you don't have BoardIndex.template.php, Martinfin.   When a custom theme doesn't have a particular template, it rolls back onto Default's template.  You do need to place the edits in index.template.php, though.   ;)

What Brack1 means by "mods own topic" is that Ajax Chat Intergration has its own support thread (you can find a link for it on the mods download page).   Normally, it's best to ask for mod-related help on the support threads for the mods.   :)

TheListener

If there is no BoardIndex template file in the theme you are using then it will be the default file.

If you look on the mods page you will see there is a mod called AJAX CHAT INTEGRATION.

That is what I mean by mods own topic.

::)

Martinfin

Ok, I will do these edits and try it out..

Thanks a bunch guys...
-> Martinfin

gbsothere

Quote from: Martinfin on July 18, 2010, 10:02:41 PM
Ok, I will do these edits and try it out..

Thanks a bunch guys...

I see you've marked this "Solved", (or someone has) Martinfin.   Good luck to you and, should you require any more help this matter, visit this thread:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.0

Advertisement: