News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Planning to start new forum with 2.x

Started by yogesh, July 19, 2010, 07:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yogesh

I am planning to start a new forum with SMF 2.x and the main thing I am worried about is whether or not there would be a clear upgrade path available for existing users to upgrade to gold or even other RC versions.

yogesh

Another thing, I hate the fact that SMF redirects users to forum category, after submitting a post/thread. Is there a simple way to switch this off for all the members?

xenovanis

Quote from: yogesh on July 19, 2010, 07:07:40 AM
I am planning to start a new forum with SMF 2.x and the main thing I am worried about is whether or not there would be a clear upgrade path available for existing users to upgrade to gold or even other RC versions.

Im not sure what you mean by clear upgrade path?
Here is some basic info on upgrading: http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?board=3.0;sort=subject

Quote from: yogesh on July 19, 2010, 07:08:46 AM
Another thing, I hate the fact that SMF redirects users to forum category, after submitting a post/thread. Is there a simple way to switch this off for all the members?

Admin -> Configuration -> Themes and Layout -> Member Options

To set this for your current users:
-> Change current options for all members using this theme -> Return to topics after posting by default.

To set this for users who haven't registered yet :P
-> Configure guest and new user options for this theme -> Return to topics after posting by default.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Advertisement: