News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Hide time therehold

Started by punjablovers, July 19, 2010, 06:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

punjablovers

I want to hide my time there-hold, only admin or staff members can see this, not the regular members or guests.
Is this possible?

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: punjablovers on July 19, 2010, 06:12:54 PM
I want to hide my time there-hold, only admin or staff members can see this, not the regular members or guests.
Is this possible?

Do you mean Threshold ?
if so...
Are you talking about the one that's on the bottom, in the Who's Online area?

Their is a mod which ads a "fake" threshold, which changes for everyone to a number of your choice, otherwise it has to be manually removed, which should be possible.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Webhost to New Webhost file transfer service, PM me - Fast transfers

punjablovers

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 19, 2010, 08:10:16 PM
Quote from: punjablovers on July 19, 2010, 06:12:54 PM
Is this possible?

Do you mean Threshold ?
if so...
Are you talking about the one that's on the bottom, in the Who's Online area?

Their is a mod which ads a "fake" threshold, which changes for everyone to a number of your choice, otherwise it has to be manually removed, which should be possible.

Yes i mean threshold?
after removing that manually, can admin see this or later on change this, if not then the mod you asking is better??

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Well if you want for only admin to see if you could add an if user is admin statment before it, I can take a look for you if you want.

SMF 2.0 RC5

punjablovers

Quote from: ♪ JohnCcCcCc ♫ on July 20, 2010, 12:22:23 PM
Well if you want for only admin to see if you could add an if user is admin statment before it, I can take a look for you if you want.

What do you want to say???

Joker™

open

themes\default\BoardIndex.template.php

Find:

echo '
', sprintf($txt['users_active'], $modSettings['lastActive']), ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online']);

Replace it with:

if($context['user']['is_admin'])
echo '
', sprintf($txt['users_active'], $modSettings['lastActive']), ':<br />', implode(', ', $context['list_users_online']);

for your staff it'vd require some tweaking with permissions , if i get time i'll make it into a mod . ( no promises :) )
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

Joker™

Submitted the mod , lets see when it gets approved ;)
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

punjablovers

Quote from: Joker™ on July 29, 2010, 11:49:52 AM

Thanks I will wait, Hope You Will post Here a reply when it approved.

ɔɔɔɔɔɔuɥoɾ

Quote from: Joker™ on July 29, 2010, 11:49:52 AM

They will probably deny it since it hides the threshold, just like the fake threshold mod does, even though its classed as different, it will probably be labeled a "duplicate" mod.
If it does not, then mine was rejected falsely.

SMF 2.0 RC5

Joker™

the mod i submitted the mod having 2 features.

1. showing number of total users online
2. permission for each group whom you want to show threshold time , so it's upto admins that who can see threshold time "Groups permissions" wise.It not like that it hides the time for everyone

Also i haven't seen the code of mod you have mentioned above.I don't know whether that mod code and my mod code is similar or not.also i don't have a clue how you coded your mod .
Let's see what the team has to say.
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

Advertisement: