specific membergroup + specific theme

Started by =<|Skary|>=, July 20, 2010, 01:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

=<|Skary|>=

The idea is to create a new membergroup, and have a specific theme set aside just for the group.

background for the need:

my PC clan split up. some started playing xbox, some PS3. I am on xbox, so i redid the clan site in an xbox type theme and characteristics. In an effort to bring the PS3 guys back, i want to have a group made up for them so that when they join, i can assign them to that group, and they would have a different theme, and see only the PS3 boards and the clan boards. The board visibility is already added into the membergroup creation, it only lacks the theme assignment.

not being a php coder myself, i can only guess that that option could be easily added just by editing whatever file handles the membergroup creation. add the actual option and drop-down box for the forum, code a routine to check all available themes, output to a string and add to the drop-down, and after that i don't what you would do.

Am i on the right track though?

CapadY

This is not possible.

You can do a MOD-request in the mod-request board but I think this is so hard to do (if not impossible) that you'll have very less change some will do this for you.
Please, don't PM me for support unless invited.
If you don't understand this, you will be blacklisted.

Advertisement: