News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

DB Error?

Started by Hitakashi, July 21, 2010, 02:55:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hitakashi

Im testing SMF 2 on localhost and it's been working fine, But then i logged out to check how it would look to guest, Looked fine, Then i tried logging in it wouldn't let me login and gave me this DB Error.

Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

I checked phpmyadmin and here's the error log

Database Error: Unknown column 'log_time' in 'where clause'

I searched the DB for log_time and where clause and i couldn't find anything except the ones in the error log.

Here's the file and line it says C:/xampp/htdocs/Sources/Subs.php Line 3248 Which is i think is to make the error log.

gbsothere

Is this a new install or an upgrade?
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

Hitakashi

It was a upgrade from 1.1.11 to 2 RC, I was testing to see if it would upgrade successfully, And it did, But now i can't login, While i could before.

gbsothere

Quote from: Hitakashi on July 21, 2010, 03:12:13 PM
It was a upgrade from 1.1.11 to 2 RC, I was testing to see if it would upgrade successfully, And it did, But now i can't login, While i could before.

In your large upgrade 2 RC3 zip, there will be an upgrade.php file along with several "upgrade sql" files.  Place these in your forum's root and point your browser to upgrade.php.  This should update your database completely.   :)

When you're done, remove these from your server.

Just a note, though....  always have a backup of your database.    ;)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

Hitakashi

Well i already ran the upgrade script before, Do you want me to run them again?

gbsothere

Quote from: Hitakashi on July 21, 2010, 03:21:13 PM
Well i already ran the upgrade script before, Do you want me to run them again?

Yes, if you ran it before without placing those sql files in the root along with it.   Worth a try?   ;)

Hitakashi

Well i ran it again and it fixed the error. Anyone know what could have caused it? (I did run the upgrade script before with the SQL files), I lost the template edits for mods but thats fine.

gbsothere

Quote from: Hitakashi on July 21, 2010, 03:40:44 PM
Well i ran it again and it fixed the error. Anyone know what could have caused it? (I did run the upgrade script before with the SQL files), I lost the template edits for mods but thats fine.

It may be that not all the sql files made it the first time.

You lost all the template edits for your mods by upgrading your database?   *surprised*  That's odd....

Did you have quite a lot of mods?

Hitakashi

Yea quite a bit, But it was a test forum just to make the theme for our forum.

gbsothere

Very odd.  You might try pulling one of the template files from your server to check for a particular mod's edits and, if you do see the edits, then run forum maintenance in your admin area. 

Hitakashi

Nope none of them are there, Except an edit from the only package that stayed in the ACP, All the other packages are gone (the packages wasn't in the browse but in the installed package tab)

gbsothere

Quote from: Hitakashi on July 21, 2010, 03:57:18 PM
Nope none of them are there, Except an edit from the only package that stayed in the ACP, All the other packages are gone (the packages wasn't in the browse but in the installed package tab)

Have you looked at your database to see if any of the tables that the mods placed before are still there?

Hitakashi

Yea there still are.

gbsothere

Quote from: Hitakashi on July 21, 2010, 04:10:31 PM
Yea there still are.

Well.....   the good news (perhaps "good" is too optimisitic) is that you can use the mod's parsing instructions to manually place the edits and reupload the files and the mods should continue to function as before.

The bad news is....   well, that was also the bad news.   :D

Hitakashi

haha, yea ill probably do that then

kat

The chances of any of those mods working with v2.RC3 is zero.

You'll need updated versions of the mods, if they exist.

gbsothere

Quote from: K@ on July 21, 2010, 04:19:45 PM
The chances of any of those mods working with v2.RC3 is zero.

You'll need updated versions of the mods, if they exist.

*grin*

I didn't realize that these were 1.x mods; I thought these were 2.x mods that he'd installed on his 2.x test forum. 

I'm getting duller by the minute. 

kat

You could be right.

I may have misread. I wasn't certain, myself, to be honest.

Thought it best to mention it, though, just in case. ;)

Advertisement: