News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Sections on/off images

Started by tatack, July 21, 2010, 06:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tatack

Hello All,

is it possible to assign a different images for the on/off button of the different sections?

Thank You

gbsothere

My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

I Don't Want To Grow Old Alone

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

A reminder about admin / ftp passwords etc.

tatack

Seems to be the correct one :)

But do you know if it works also with SMF 2.0 RC3?

gbsothere

On my last post to you, I put a link to the mod author's (BigGuy) site.  He has an RC3 release there.  I'm sure he'll add it to his mod page here, soon, but you can download it there, now.   ;)
My apologies, but I am taking a break from accepting PM requests for support.  If I am not currently assisting you, please do not ask as long as this notice is posted.  Thank you.

It has been proven that Steely Dan reduces the occurrence of road rage, according to an independent study.

tatack

Quote from: gbsothere on July 21, 2010, 06:52:50 PM
On my last post to you, I put a link to the mod author's (BigGuy) site.  He has an RC3 release there.  I'm sure he'll add it to his mod page here, soon, but you can download it there, now.   ;)

Fantastic!

Many thanks  :)

TheListener

It took me a long time to find out how to do it BUT:

The mod is not necessary.

In your images section ( I think) look for on and off gif images and just replace them with the ones you want ( remembering to resize them first).

You can also do this with the tiny on/ off images which are below the posting boards.

gbsothere

I think he doesn't want them to all be the same, if I understood.   :)

tatack

The images should be different from section to section.

TheListener

Ah I gotcha There is a mod called Images on board which can do this but without looking through the pages it is unknown if anyone has made an unofficial update.

gbsothere

Quote from: tatack on July 21, 2010, 07:04:20 PM
The images should be different from section to section.

A long time back, I did what Brack1 suggested on one of my forums with a "camp" theme.  I made all the icons pine trees.  *grin*  But if you're wanting variety, then BigGuy's mod is probably what you're looking for and you can still use the support thread here at SMF. 

gbsothere

Quote from: Brack1 on July 21, 2010, 07:09:37 PM
Ah I gotcha There is a mod called Images on board which can do this but without looking through the pages it is unknown if anyone has made an unofficial update.

Images On Board places the images within the board name field, but doesn't affect the on/off icons.  Johny B is no longer around and I'm not sure that the mod is being updated.   :)

tatack

Do you know also the name of the mod that allow to preview the images and the formatted font directly in the post while I'm writing it?

I saw it on forum.pctweakr.com  ;)

gbsothere

Have you tried going into your profile under "Look and Layout" and turning on WYSIWYG?  When you post, you can see how it's looking, as you post.  Same with photos.   :)

tatack

Quote from: gbsothere on July 21, 2010, 07:27:51 PM
Have you tried going into your profile under "Look and Layout" and turning on WYSIWYG?  When you post, you can see how it's looking, as you post.  Same with photos.   :)

In Admin Panel? I didn't find it  :-\

gbsothere

No, you'd go into your profile and under the Look And Layout link, you'll see a box by "WYSIWYG".  Just check there.  There are other options you might like there, as well, such as returning to the thread after you post, etc.   :)

You can go to Themes And Layout (in Admin) and under Member Options, you can set this for everyone. 

tatack

Quote from: gbsothere on July 21, 2010, 07:34:11 PM
No, you'd go into your profile and under the Look And Layout link, you'll see a box by "WYSIWYG".  Just check there.  There are other options you might like there, as well, such as returning to the thread after you post, etc.   :)

Finded!

There is a way to set it (and other of these options) for all the users?

gbsothere

Quote from: tatack on July 21, 2010, 07:35:51 PM
Finded!

There is a way to set it (and other of these options) for all the users?

Ha!   Yes.  You're just too fast for me.  I added it to my post, below.  Or, above, depending on which way you have the threads here set to run.  :D

tatack

eh eh...too fast  :D

But it will affect only the new users, correct? No way to modify all the old ones?

gbsothere

Quote from: tatack on July 21, 2010, 07:43:04 PM
eh eh...too fast  :D

But it will affect only the new users, correct? No way to modify all the old ones?

No, under "SMF Default Theme - Curve" you'll see a link for this:

"Change current options for all members using this theme"

There's where you want to be.  Just set the pulldown next to each feature to "change" then check the box and when you're ready, save your changes.   :)

tatack

Wonderful, thank you very much  :)

gbsothere

You're welcome and enjoy your forum!   ;)

tatack

Quote from: gbsothere on July 21, 2010, 07:51:06 PM
You're welcome and enjoy your forum!   ;)

And congratulations for your baby!  :)

gbsothere

Quote from: tatack on July 21, 2010, 07:52:23 PM

And congratulations for your baby!  :)

My grandbaby.   :)   Thanks, much! 

Advertisement: