News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Then ok thanks :) besides I am and will be testing the group chat, no errors yet ;) *fingers crossed*
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

MartinLT98

Hi! I having a strange problem and you might not be able to answer it but when I've installed your mod and done all the things that is written in the specified instruction manual for my version nothing is added to the forum.
I can change settings for SA Chat in the admin area and I can see in the package manager that SA Chat is installed.
It's my first time installing a mod although I have watched tutorials on how to add mods to a SMF Forum.

My forum is in Version 2.0.8 and I'm trying to apply SA Chat V. 0.1.4!
Am I doing a newbie mistake or what, please help?!  :-\

Ninja ZX-10RR

Upgrade to smf 2.0.9 and install the latest version of the mod, to start ;) download it from HERE: https://github.com/SAMods/SAChatBar and be sure to set the permissions properly :) and also to run the fix bar tool in the chat maintenance since sometimes it happens that the bar is not showing and that might fix it.
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

kat

Before you do this kinda stuff, Martin, you WILL remember my dig,  won't you? ;)

Click it, for a somewhat garbled "How to". :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Yeah indeed, especially if you are not very expert ;) nice reminder I always "forget" that XD or well I don't do it, I always manage to fix the mistakes if there are, had to restore just once, with SimpleAds for reasons that I still don't know

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

MartinLT98

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 27, 2014, 03:51:00 PM
Upgrade to smf 2.0.9 and install the latest version of the mod, to start ;) download it from HERE: hxxp:github.com/SAMods/SAChatBar [nonactive] and be sure to set the permissions properly :) and also to run the fix bar tool in the chat maintenance since sometimes it happens that the bar is not showing and that might fix it.

I did the fix toolbar thing and it works! :D
Thanks for helping me and for answering so quickly! <3

Quote from: K@ on October 27, 2014, 03:56:07 PM
Before you do this kinda stuff, Martin, you WILL remember my dig,  won't you? ;)

Ehhh what? No idea...

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: MartinLT98 on October 27, 2014, 04:08:26 PM
Upgrade to smf 2.0.9 and install the latest version of the mod, to start ;) download it from HERE: https://github.com/SAMods/SAChatBar and be sure to set the permissions properly :) and also to run the fix bar tool in the chat maintenance since sometimes it happens that the bar is not showing and that might fix it.

I'm still glad to help the ones appreciating it, very happy that it worked :D

Ehhh what? No idea...
He meant to always BACKUP before you install or do anything, especially if you are not a very expert user because something might (even if unlikely) go wrong and make the forum crash with a php failure (and consequent swearings to fix it if you don't want to restore the forum from the backup). So always backup before you do anything, don't do like I did :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

MartinLT98

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 27, 2014, 04:11:48 PM
Upgrade to smf 2.0.9 and install the latest version of the mod, to start ;) download it from HERE: hxxp:github.com/SAMods/SAChatBar [nonactive] and be sure to set the permissions properly :) and also to run the fix bar tool in the chat maintenance since sometimes it happens that the bar is not showing and that might fix it.

I'm still glad to help the ones appreciating it, very happy that it worked :D

Ehhh what? No idea...
He meant to always BACKUP before you install or do anything, especially if you are not a very expert user because something might (even if unlikely) go wrong and make the forum crash with a php failure (and consequent swearings to fix it if you don't want to restore the forum from the backup). So always backup before you do anything, don't do like I did :P

Haha, thank you for the tip I guess! Have a nice day! :)

kat

Always worth mentioning, especially if you're new to this kinda stuff. :)

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: MartinLT98 on October 27, 2014, 04:16:13 PM
Haha, thank you for the tip I guess! Have a nice day! :)
You're welcome, have a nice day you too :D

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

If I wanted to place the avatar before the name in the chatbox how would I do it? I tried to edit the template but I wasn't able to do it :(
Thanks in advance :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on November 06, 2014, 11:45:26 AM
If I wanted to place the avatar before the name in the chatbox how would I do it? I tried to edit the template but I wasn't able to do it :(
Thanks in advance :)
*bump* :/

Spotted another bug... If you are chatting with multiple users then the browser tab doesn't update correctly. The situation is this:
user A chatting with user B and C
B says hi to user A
A reads the message, perhaps replies (doesn't matter) and switches tab
C says hi to user A, the browser tab will show "user B says..", which is incorrect.

Moreover I found myself with a very weird error that wasn't allowing me to type at all. I mean I could type but whenever I was trying to send the actual message it was always giving me "undefined" as message sent... This might be due to some edits I made but I don't know...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

HusaBob

Hello - I had installed this for our forum but uninstalled it because no one was using it. Now, it appears it left some weird code.

When members click on Profile, and then Look and Layout, at the bottom this appears:

Chat Bar Settings

Fatal error: Call to undefined function SAChat_LoadTemes() in /home/rufcutri/public_html/Sources/Load.php(2177) : eval()'d code on line 1604

I don't know enough (if anything lol) about editing, so I didn't want to screw with it.

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Forum » Administration Center » Server Settings » General and Disable the evaluation of templates, post the error again after that and see if it changes. ;) After we will be done getting rid of that remember to turn it back on again.
Are you using a custom theme by the way? Did it uninstall with no errors? SMF version?

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

HusaBob

Okay I did that. Here is the error now
Chat Bar Settings

Fatal error: Call to undefined function SAChat_LoadTemes() in /home/rufcutri/public_html/Themes/default/Profile.template.php on line 1604

HusaBob

I am using the curve default theme. Don't remember whether errors on uninstall. Thbkd. Thanks for your help.

Kindred

Well, given that they is code left over, you almost certainly did have errors during the uninstall...   Why do people ignore errors during install or uninstall and then get surprised when things break?

You are going to have to have to manually remove all of the code that did not get automatically removed...  Parse the mod installation instructions and go in reverse...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HusaBob

Quote from: Kindred on November 14, 2014, 07:00:10 PM
Well, given that they is code left over, you almost certainly did have errors during the uninstall...   Why do people ignore errors during install or uninstall and then get surprised when things break?

You are going to have to have to manually remove all of the code that did not get automatically removed...  Parse the mod installation instructions and go in reverse...

Yeah.. I just thought things would function correctly. Oh well.. I'll know better next time before I install some clapped up add-on.

Kindred

Ummm.. Excuse you?   But the errors are your own fault.   If the mod installs, or uninstalls are not generating errors, then everything is clean... But if you ignore the big red warnings that the install (or uninstall) has errors and may fail....    Then who is to blame?

The mod works perfectly well on the sites I have installed it on...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

HusaBob

I ignored the big red warnings.

Advertisement: