News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

debiwebi

Quote from: SA™ on April 29, 2015, 02:36:50 PM
the next version will be more stable 

Must be that pesky other 1%, huh? :)  When do you think the next version will be out?
Some mornings it just isn't worth
chewing through the leather straps.
~Emo

Unlimited Own Posts Editing Time

SA™

soon is all i can say for now
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: debiwebi on April 29, 2015, 01:27:36 PM
Quote from: 420connect.info on April 21, 2015, 05:26:01 AM
Hey SA,

I had this MOD installed a while back but ended up using another one in it's place as I had a few issues with it but I'm taking another look at this and was pleasantly surprised to see you are continuing to develop this! :D

. . .

I'd really like to convert to using one of these style of chats but I'll stick with what I am using until the latest release is more stable..

I've been considering trying out this mod, but reading these messages makes me think twice. 420connect, can you tell me what (working) mod you've been using?

My smf is 2.0.9 and I hardly have any mods installed, so may just try SA Chat anyway and see what happens.

At the moment, I'm using Simple Portal's 'shoutbox' as a sort of live chat feature, - It seems to perform as expected with no/very little bugs ..I've tried a few now, but had issues with other similar ones.. I'm looking forward to and planning to use to SA's latest release when it becomes available though. :)
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

debiwebi

Quote from: 420connect.info on April 30, 2015, 01:55:42 PM
At the moment, I'm using Simple Portal's 'shoutbox' as a sort of live chat feature, - It seems to perform as expected with no/very little bugs ..I've tried a few now, but had issues with other similar ones.. I'm looking forward to and planning to use to SA's latest release when it becomes available though. :)

Thank you! I'll check that out. BTW I find your forum interesting, being a resident of Colorado. Dispensaries here are beginning to outnumber Starbucks. Oh, the stories I could tell...
~Emo

420Connect.co.uk

Quote from: debiwebi on April 30, 2015, 03:51:05 PM
Quote from: 420connect.info on April 30, 2015, 01:55:42 PM

Thank you! I'll check that out. BTW I find your forum interesting, being a resident of Colorado. Dispensaries here are beginning to outnumber Starbucks. Oh, the stories I could tell...

You're welcome and  ;D Glad you like my site! - Feel free to join our community and share your stories!

</topic-highjack>
www.420Connect.co.uk ~ A Social Network For The #CannabisCommunity ~ Come say "High" ;)

SA™

new version added
QuoteFixed issue with cloning the default theme.
Fixed typo in hook function name.
Fixed chatbox scrolling issues.
Removed group chat feature this fixed many other issues with private chat.
User settings are now in the atual chat bar instead of users profile.
Added compat for smf 2.1.
Implemented live members search.
Implemented function for calling images checks custom themes first if not there fallback to the default ones.
Adding chat to pages out side smf no longer reqires &amp;theme=themename in the url this can be used to force same theme for everyone instead.
BBC parser now works a lot better images and youtube videos are also now supported using the img and video tags [WIP].
Updated theme also includes a fb style theme just by modding the css you can still have a full bar version this was not possible before.
The mod now makes no edits to smf files.
Buddy/Ignore list link no longer shows if enable_buddylist is disabled.

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

420Connect.co.uk

Thank you so much for the new release however I'm still finding messages aren't appearing / chats won't always open..

I've got loads of entries in the error log of the chat but some of these could be from old versions if thats possible?

:(

SA™

Yes that's a conflict with older versions uninstall the mod then remove the sachat directory from your server and reinstall the newer version

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

420Connect.co.uk

I uninstalled it but there was no chat folder left behind after, so thought it might have been old parts from my db?
.. anyway, I deleted the si2chat tables then reinstalled..

The chat windows now stay open but still wont show the text?

log this time:

SA™

my bad for some reason the changes i made there did not sync to git hub :/ will update this right now

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

420Connect.co.uk

ah, I'd grabbed the latest copy from the mod site? - which should I be using?  :o

SA™

ok i just fixed those errors again  for some reason these fixes and a few others didnt get pushed to git hub

should be good now new package uploaded here

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

420Connect.co.uk

Most recent version from mod site produces these errors for me, again with no 'shouts' appearing etc.

SA™

hmm its safe to say somthing is up im not seeing these errors on local host give me a bit ill look into this

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Dumke

Were you able to fix the issue with usernames with spaces or foreign characters, having a new line?

example.

SA™

Quote from: 420connect.info on May 07, 2015, 04:14:39 PM
Most recent version from mod site produces these errors for me, again with no 'shouts' appearing etc.

for this error do you have accesse to your php.ini? do you know if your server has a default timezone set?

QuoteWere you able to fix the issue with usernames with spaces or foreign characters, having a new line?
fixed here
https://github.com/SAMods/SAChatBar

open the css files in both themes and

find
.buddyboxuname {
position: relative;
display: block;
width: 0;
z-index: 1;
left: 31px;
top: 8px;
}

replace with

.buddyboxuname {
position: relative;
display: block;
width: 0;
z-index: 1;
left: 31px;
top: 8px;
width: 80%;
}

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Dumke

Quote from: SA™ on May 07, 2015, 08:38:27 PM
open the css files in both themes and

ah, perfect.
Thanks.

debiwebi

I just installed SA Chat yesterday and see some error messages in the log. I've only been testing it so far and it appears to be working just fine. I have it installed in a test forum plus my live one, and they are both getting the same error messages, repeated over and over.

I guess I should add that my live forum is 2.0.9, the test one is 2.0.10. The live forum has a only few additional plugins (see below), the test one has one additional, SMFPacks_Shoutbox.

Board Notification
dQuoteSelection
Google Analytics Code
Misc Anti Spam
Quick Spoiler
Simple Audio Video
Drafts
LastActive on Memberlist
~Emo

SA™

hmm it shouldent make it that far if there is no member id is set ill run some test later

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

SA™

Quote from: debiwebi on May 11, 2015, 10:14:29 AM
I just installed SA Chat yesterday and see some error messages in the log. I've only been testing it so far and it appears to be working just fine. I have it installed in a test forum plus my live one, and they are both getting the same error messages, repeated over and over.

I guess I should add that my live forum is 2.0.9, the test one is 2.0.10. The live forum has a only few additional plugins (see below), the test one has one additional, SMFPacks_Shoutbox.

Board Notification
dQuoteSelection
Google Analytics Code
Misc Anti Spam
Quick Spoiler
Simple Audio Video
Drafts
LastActive on Memberlist

mod updated fixed those errros

My Work