News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kplusonline

I've made a custom theme for SA Chat. Where and how can I upload it for others users ?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Hm.
Ok let me start with my "good thoughts" first :)

Now the "bad ones":
Try not to take it personally... I have the same respect for a guy with 23446546459684679 messages compared to the one I have for a guy with 1 post *BUT*... Personally... I wouldn't trust it. A guy just registers and claims to have made a custom theme for this mod (among a million others), it sounds... More than weird. Also the fact that you don't even know how to upload something makes me (again, personal opinion) think that you are not experienced with things like this, however you have made a custom theme.
Don't misunderstand me, you could be the best coder on the planet (if so, your question about where and how to upload the theme would have been stupid because you should have known it) but try to think as if you were me on anybody else... Your post is extremely weird...

Ah, almost forgot, post it as attachment? (if you can, since I can't remember if newbies have the permissions to do so) :) Or either put a link to it (even if it will be broken because of our anti-spam precautions I would take care of reposting it if necessary, or somebody else will ;)) :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Ninja ZX-10RR

Just found a bug thanks to a spammer friend XD

If someone texts you and you are typing when you receive the message the message you are typing gets deleted and you have to start it all over. If someone spams you then you can't type at all.
Will reply to your PM, SA™, give me some time, I am extremely busy >_<
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

its a feature not a bug :P jk i have fixed this last night  8) will be uploading to github later
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Ninja ZX-10RR

That quick again :D awesome, I will be providing you the info you requested later during the day (hopefully within the hour), you might want to wait so you don't have to pack it twice? :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

yeah that was a simple fix realy just needed to add checks to see if this was an update or just starting out if it is an update it will just empty() the div and insert new messages instead of realoding the whole chat box

little teaser shot attached show group chat and the /who command there is also  a /invite [user] command you can only invite users to your own chat session admin can invite to all chat session
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

KungFuJoe

Hello,

I installed this back when it was 0.1.  It worked great and my users liked it, but apparently, it was using enough server side resources that my hosting provider put me on limited rations and basically threatened to shut me down if I didn't remove whatever was causing it.

Do you know if that's just the nature of the beast with this mod and if I want to use it, I need to host it somewhere that allows for more resources?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Just update? There is also a load limiter function now...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

KungFuJoe

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 23, 2014, 04:15:21 PM
Just update? There is also a load limiter function now...

How exactly does that work or can you point me to some documentation on it?

Ninja ZX-10RR

...................................dude, just update the mod!  ::)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

br360

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on September 23, 2014, 05:27:46 PM
...................................dude, just update the mod!  ::)

Saying the same exact same thing to him might not exactly help him to understand how- and rolling your eyes at someone that didn't "get it" the first time is condescending and disrespectful dude.
Quote from: kungfujoe on September 23, 2014, 04:34:10 PM
How exactly does that work or can you point me to some documentation on it?

If you still have the mod, uninstall it. (make sure it uninstalled cleanly without errors) Then delete it from your server.
Then go to the first page of the thread, here and make sure you download the latest version of the mod. Then upload that through your package manager.

Ninja ZX-10RR

-.-"
He didn't get it what to update actually. Also it's not really a nice day so forgive me if I don't feel like putting smileys everywhere, I just tried to put a little irony in there to have a laugh but attacking me like that would bring no good. I have received many answers like that when I wasn't understanding something and guess what I was just laughing at myself being a dumbass, even if it's NOT the case. What to update is quite obvious since he is deliberately posting in a specific mod support topic, so I guess he was probably referring to how the load limiter function works but there is no real documentation for it and I told him to update because it's very easy to use and it's explained pretty clearly in the mod itself.

I can add that the procedure above applies to all mods anyway, it is a good thing to come back every once in a while to check if they are all up-to-date just to see if there are useful bug-fixes or new features. There will be more features for this mod, too, for sure so make sure you come back again in a while to re-download it once more. Sorry if I haven't been full of joy, kungfujoe, hope you got what I wanted to achieve in the first place, and of course it was not offending you.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

KungFuJoe

No offense taken.

I really like the mod...really want to use it, but as soon as I enable it, I can see, through cpanel, my cpu resources go into the very high range.  Now, this is all relative on my hosting tier level..."very high" might be next to nothing on a dedicated service.

The weird thing is that the load average never gets above .02 or .04 but sure enough, from cpanel, I see it gradually going upwards over the duration of the day.

Are there any heartbeat settings I can mess with to lower the cpu utilization or is it just a matter of being on a hosting tier that is just too low to handle it?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Sure there are, try to get here --> Forum » Administration Center » SA Chat » Chat settings Here are the hearbeats you wanted :)
And here there is the load checking function that allows you to limit the cpu usage by disabling certain functions above a pre-defined % load level :D --> Forum » Administration Center » SA Chat » Load checking

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

KungFuJoe

I would like a little clarity on the load limiting section.

I'm assuming that you enter the max threshold in the Highest load level and if you check the Enable load checking it will disable the items you select when it exceeds that load level.

But on the items to select, what's the difference between disabling the bar and disabling sa chat?  I assume without the bar, sa chat is non functional anyways, correct?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Well I have never really tried it and I can't test atm it but it should be that...

Disable SA chat: disables everything;
Disable bar: disables the chat but not the possibility to chat to people you were already chatting with. (Methinks);
Disable chat list: disables the who's online part

I could be wrong though, I am just guessing (even if it seems the only possible guess to me...). :)
You can try it with some trusty member or one of your moderators if you want, just set the load to something like 1% and it will break it :P

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

KungFuJoe

Makes sense, but I'm wondering...without the Who's Online part...how can you even IM anyone? 

Ninja ZX-10RR

If you were chatting to them before the chat closed then yes, otherwise not. ;) Basically you can't start new chats, that's the restriction.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

KungFuJoe

Well, thanks for the assistance, but unfortunately, I had to disable it once again.  The load it puts on the server is just too much for whatever I'm being allocated from my hosting service.  Setting load limits doesn't help because it just confuses people with the bar/chat being disabled half the time.

Ninja ZX-10RR

I'm on a shared host and the average load is 1%.......

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: