News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack_Elixir

Blank bar

no chating users

installed
SAMods-SAChatBar-2f0b77c.tar

Kindred

Try writing out your issue in complete sentences, with actual description of problems?

This is not a haiku forum... Nor do we waste our time trying to guess what users mean when they can't be bothered to actually explain themselves.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jack_Elixir

I installed sa chat in 2.0.9 defaut theme

It is working ok now thanks, fix bar issue

naijacrux

urgent help needed, i have installed and run sa chat on my website for few months and it worked fine untill the recent smf update to 2.0.9  i try reinstalling the sa chat mod after updating my smf, the mod bar never showed up since then, i have 2 websites and this issue is affecting both site. mod developer, kindly tell how to fix this, i have set up member group already and done all possible best but mod only shows up in admin and didnt show up the bar,i tried fix bar, no solution, my theme is mobile desktop theme

konstantinos2424

Hello, I have chat mid installed in my forum. But at the end of the page it hides XHTML RSS WAP2 area. Is there any way (to edit the template maybe i don't really know) to add some space so when someone scrolls at the end of the pages the char bar would be beneath the copyright area (not hiding the XHTML RSS WAP2. Thank you!  :)
Modify message

Ninja ZX-10RR

Any updates about the refresh bug? :)
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Burke ♞ Knight

Just tried out this mod, and wow!
Besides that refresh bug, this is awesome!

Are you going to make custom themes and gadgets for it?

Ninja ZX-10RR

Editing the theme is really easy, check a few pages ago I explained it myself, helped by SA™ himself :)
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

ddmaster

Hi there,

Have looked over the 70 pages but can't find the answer to my question, apologies if it's already been addressed.

I have the SAChat mod installed and working great on SMF 2.08. I am on a server in a different timezone than my own. SMF itself handles the timezone difference no problem based on server timezone (UTC) and time offset settings (+13). However, the sent time for SAChat messages is totally wrong (appears to be GMT/UTC). I have looked over the code and presumed I needed to change something in the functions but can't find where I would add the 13 hours I need before writing record to database. Can anyone point me to the code I need to change. If I can find it I can probably deal with changing it myself. Have been working too many hours straight so probably just being blind.

Thanks in advance

SA™

Quote from: ♞ DeadMan on October 15, 2014, 07:46:00 PM

Just tried out this mod, and wow!
Besides that refresh bug, this is awesome!

Are you going to make custom themes and gadgets for it?
thanks yes i have plans but no time :P

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 15, 2014, 07:41:55 PM
Any updates about the refresh bug? :)

try this
https://github.com/SAMods/SAChatBar

do note the group chat is a little buggy in that right now so just disable it if you have issues with it havent tested too much not much time

http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Ninja ZX-10RR

I don't have time to test it properly now, I will do it next week and report you all the issues ;) thanks for the update :)

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Burke ♞ Knight

Refresh issue seems fixed to me. Will do more testing to be sure.
Will be leaving Group Chat off for now.

What's the Global chat? I see it defaults to off, so not sure about it.

Rob Lightbody

I just installed this on my 2.0.9. forum and it was totally effortless.  I'm trying to work out what the snag is, it can't be that easy surely!?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rob Lightbody

Its brilliant, well done to everybody involved in it.

I've tried numerous chat systems over the years with SMF, and each has had some snag or other.  This was totally effortlessly and works brilliantly well.

Ninja ZX-10RR

Another bug report.

This is VERY strange... No errors in the error log, the group chat is totally disabled for everybody and as a result of this it doesn't matter.
-If you type "<" and send it the other user doesn't receive it.
-If you type "blabla<" (so the symbol AFTER the word) the word will show up while the symbol won't.
-If you type "<blabla" (symbol BEFORE the word) the word will not show up either.

Let me know if you can fix it :)
Thanks to Deadman and to my gf for helping me spotting this.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

not strange at all...   it's checking for html insertion....
Слaва
Украинi

Ninja ZX-10RR

Even if html tag is disabled in the whole forum...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

not html TAG...   html CODE....   which starts with <....

it's using its own routines to avoid anyone inserting a hack script into the chat.
Слaва
Украинi

SA™

as kindred said this is coded like this for a reason people would be able to do all sorts of nasty things if it wasnt
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Advertisement: