News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SA Chat

Started by Diego Andrés, July 21, 2010, 10:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HusaBob

Well, I fixed it thanks to "someone" - he knows who he is.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Burke ♞ Knight

I still do not see how you can call a mod bad, due to your own ignorance.
You ignored errors, due to other mods changing the same area in the code, then want to blame this mod for being messed up, when it was you?

Learn to accept some responsibility for your own mistakes, instead of bad mouthing a mod for your own actions.

HusaBob

My response was probably in response to Kindred's ignorant response to me.

For example, he replied "Why do people ignore errors during install or uninstall and then get surprised when things break?" - Smart-ass response which could have been written more politely.

Granted, I referred to the add-on as "clapped up." Sorry if this hurt someone's feelings.

Did it ever occur to you that not everyone is as knowledgeable of this software and wouldn't/couldn't automatically understand or even know for that matter to watch for "errors."

IN any case, I think Kindred needs an attitude adjustment if he expects others to participate on here.

Burke ♞ Knight

1. It is not experience that tells you not to install or uninstall if there are errors, it is COMMON SENSE.
2. If have errors, then instead of ignoring them, coming here and asking would have been the better choice.
3. Kindred only stated what he did, due to the above reasons, and I have to admit, he seemed right on in what he said.

HusaBob

Have you considered that perhaps I missed the errors on the uninstall?

Then have you considered that it took months for someone to report to me the small-ish error they were seeing on their Profile section? The site worked fine otherwise.

I'm simply requesting people discuss things respectfully for Pete's sake. Would he talk like that to my face? I'd probably smack him if he did.

Burke ♞ Knight

Show me what he said that was so bad, you'd like to hit him...
I have read his posts, and not one is anyway out of line.
Just because you got caught ignoring errors, does not mean to blame others for your actions, or to say they were out of line for their replies to you.

HusaBob

OKay, well, in any case, thanks for your help. The next time I politely phrase a support question, as I did, I'm just requesting that responses (especially from someone who looks like he's been here a long time) be civil and polite. When someone at work asks me for help, I don't respond "Well, for God's sake if you wouldn't have entered the wrong formula into your spreadsheet, we wouldn't be here now, would we? Hey, if you are too dumb or fail to check your formulas or you don't read the Help file, it's not my fault!"

I don't then follow up with "Learn to accept some responsibility for your own mistakes!"

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on November 10, 2014, 12:38:22 PM
Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on November 06, 2014, 11:45:26 AM
If I wanted to place the avatar before the name in the chatbox how would I do it? I tried to edit the template but I wasn't able to do it :(
Thanks in advance :)
*bump* :/

Spotted another bug... If you are chatting with multiple users then the browser tab doesn't update correctly. The situation is this:
user A chatting with user B and C
B says hi to user A
A reads the message, perhaps replies (doesn't matter) and switches tab
C says hi to user A, the browser tab will show "user B says..", which is incorrect.
*Bump*
Found 2 more bugs in the meantime.

1) sometimes, and can't really reproduce it when I want... But sometimes if you have multiple chat opened one of them will move towards the center of the screen for no reason leaving a huge gap on its right side :o I can't tell you how to reproduce this though. It happens sometimes and occasionally very often but I don't know a correct procedure to do that on purpose.

2) While inspecting the page in visitor mode you will find this stuff
Unhandled Error: '$sachat.cookie' is not a function which is related to this snippet var cookie = unescape($sachat.cookie(name)); still I don't know how to fix it :(

Thanks in advance, hope you will reply >_<
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

SA™

I know about these bugs in the new year I'll be able to work on it again computer is in storage right now we are having building work done here have been since the last few monthsbe glad wen its all over
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Ninja ZX-10RR

I'll be waiting and testing :) thank you!

Also there are 2 stupid .css bugs but not from you, from Google... The translating bar... You would be surprised if you actually browse google sites how many damn .css bugs you will find, even deprecated functions in the emails! And that is supposed to be one of (if not the biggest) company in the world? I mean... Seriously? Makes me upset.
I'll *try* to have a word with them in the meantime... Those errors are so stupid that I could fix them myself... And they don't... *sigh*
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

nend

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on December 08, 2014, 01:13:32 PM
I'll be waiting and testing :) thank you!

Also there are 2 stupid .css bugs but not from you, from Google... The translating bar... You would be surprised if you actually browse google sites how many damn .css bugs you will find, even deprecated functions in the emails! And that is supposed to be one of (if not the biggest) company in the world? I mean... Seriously? Makes me upset.
I'll *try* to have a word with them in the meantime... Those errors are so stupid that I could fix them myself... And they don't... *sigh*

I am wondering if the translation feature is still sought after since some browsers have made this built in or available through a plugin.

Ninja ZX-10RR

It works here, however I found out something that we all should worry about.
There is NO way to contact Google. Seriously. NO WAY. You can write on forums and they don't give a damn about that. I discovered that Google used to have a support for the translation bar but it's now closed. And also they don't care about errors since the major functions work.
Plus, I discovered that ANY google website has *A LOT* of errors when you try to inspect the site itself! I mean, seriously a lot - once it hit 57 including CRITICAL errors and several deprecated function, even in the gmail!!! I mean, seriously, would you be giving your personal informations to these guys? I'll remove everything that I can remove that is working with google now. No support and thousands of errors all over the place? I am really concerned about that, because if they treat security in the same way then.... You got me already... Look at an example page: https://support.google.com/translate/toolkit/answer/Non%20riesci%20a%20trovare%20la%20risposta%20alla%20tua%20domanda?%20%20%3Ca%20href=%22%3C?cs%20var:CGI.Root%20?%3E/contact/default/?%22%3EContattaci%3C/a%3E this is Google quality, one of the biggest (if not the biggest) companies in the world...

By the way I don't know, I have never used a google translator plugin (don't really need it, I love the English language more than my own ;D) so I don't know, my guess is that it should be working anyway, you might be seeing it twice but it won't be the mod being at fault...

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

beanflying

Greetings SA and all, long time no play with this or a new forum layout  :)

Having a little clash with the Bar and a module from Dream Portal (3D image slider which goes blank when I install SA Chat) has anyone got or found a workaround for this?

Second one about the current version any reason to make the side bars so tall rather than a minimum needed?

still a great mod and one of the first to go on  ;)
Owner of many many shiny toys.

SA™

Mod updated 0.1.5

Quoteimplemented group chat and global chat this is Beta it needs more testing
online offline now shows a red and green icon instead of a coloured *
fixed issue with mod secrity and Fix bar option
side bars now only use the minium height needed
removed google translate
fixed issue with new message notifaction in page title
changed the backend permissions functions
sachat test page is now availible thru site.com/sachat/index.php
fixed spaces instead of tabs

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

gaurav09

how to change color of SA chat bar ?   :-\

baywatcharms

I have recently installed SA Chat on my smf 2.0.9.  I am using Regain theme.  I am having the most difficult time getting this to work.  Everything installed properly.  I checked the permissions, and they all seem to be set properly ( 0755 ).  Can anyone help me to get this mod to work?

SA™

there is a typo in the SAChat_loadtheme() hook

in sources/SAChatHook.php
find
SAChat_loadtheme
replace with
SAChat_loadTheme

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

baywatcharms

in sources/SAChatHook.php
find
SAChat_loadtheme
replace with
SAChat_loadTheme

If I am understanding you correctly, I need to access my server file, look for SAChatHook.php file.  Change the lower case t to an uppercase T.  Is that correct.  I apologize for my ignorance, but I am still new at this.

SA™

yeah that is correct
the way it is right now it will only work on a windows host

My Work
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.

Advertisement: